MCRA Track Day

D9

Vendor
Another good track day... but damn hot... by the sixth session, felt I was about a third of the way to heat stroke... I was done after that... roasted & toasted!

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
fred.jpg

D9

Vendor
Ok... now I can see how the tip of the shift lever on yours was worn - not something I
thought would make contact on NH rearsets... gotta tweak that. Just checked mine, I'm good.
You're leaning more than me... I also have a taller rear tire...

Nice shot btw ;)

Flaco

750cc
We're planning on another track day in Wilcox AZ for our Club here in Tucson...
What do you guys pay individually or is it a group price?
Expensive here and we're negotiating a group price...
Input appreciated...
Gotta save some money for mods, or track day, or hit the twisties as always w/ all those crazy cagers et al...
Thanks,
Allin...

Fantastic photo's BTW!
Very good photographer!

My Avatar is in a straight line at 80 mph!
Would love a shot at track day!

loxpump

Rocker
We're planning on another track day in Wilcox AZ for our Club here in Tucson...
What do you guys pay individually or is it a group price?
Expensive here and we're negotiating a group price...
Input appreciated...
Gotta save some money for mods, or track day, or hit the twisties as always w/ all those crazy cagers et al...
Thanks,
Allin...

Fantastic photo's BTW!
Very good photographer!

My Avatar is in a straight line at 80 mph!
Would love a shot at track day!

http://www.mcraracing.com/2010TDreg.htm

loxpump

Rocker
Ok... now I can see how the tip of the shift lever on yours was worn - not something I
thought would make contact on NH rearsets... gotta tweak that. Just checked mine, I'm good.
You're leaning more than me... I also have a taller rear tire...

Nice shot btw ;)

I knew I was scraping my toe, peg, and shifter but the picture kind of surprised me. Avon Roadriders with 30psi front, 30psi rear. seemed to grip pretty good. A long way before my knee ever drags though.

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Lox, you definitely got some lean angle on me...on the other hand, nothin' dragging on mine... yet ;)

trackday5_23_10_90.jpg

D9

Vendor
Thus far, only thing that hits occasionally is my toes... and that's still disconcerting as
hell when it happens...

Nick... thanks... you know, they're not fast at all compared to the modern stuff out there... but the Bonnies just are FUN as hell on the track... very forgiving... in the hands of a fast, skilled rider (not me)... can maintain their own surprisingly well... it's almost comedic though to see how little rubber they're wearing compared to the massive gumballs on the new and newer bikes...

Last edited:

strokerlmt

D9....don't know about that.......the other day I put the outside exhaust collector clamp on the wrong way.....nut out.....I was cornering hard trying to see how the rear shocks and swingarm were working and I caught the clamp/nut at speed......that is an anus pucker for me......hate that noise and the best thing is to ride thru it don't over react......
LMT

D9

Vendor
Hear you... staying calm in the midst of uh-oh... can be a challenge.
I'm slowly moving away from street riding... just want to be a little better, smoother, faster on the track... will just have to get used to occasionally grinding whatever makes contact in the pursuit of that... tweak what's tweakable... go do it again.

loxpump

Rocker
And we get to do it again this Saturday. Looks like it may even be a bit warmer! Mid 90's and heat index close to 100! Hopefully no rain, and this time I'll remember to bring the fans.