Weird question...

Craigore

TT Racer
So, I got my Thruxton seat last week (thanks, Fender) but it didn't sit right with the FEK I've got installed so I took a dremel to the little lip on the ass end, on the seat pan. I just bought a cowl (thanks, Sanjuro) and my question is whether or not it will sit right and secure on the seat without that little thing. I'd check myself but the bike is in storage right now.

I'm an idiot.

rodburner

Rocker
That little tab holds the cowl onto the back of the seat,along with the 2 little bolts at the front. If you can make an FEK,you can re-secure the back of the cowl somehow,IF it becomes a problem with lifting.

Craigore

TT Racer
I guess I wasn't thinking when I started up that cutting wheel. Could have been the 6 beers in me at that point. In theory I could have added some spacers to allow the light to sit lower. I'll give it a try in person.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Craigore, I'm dying to know......is the Thruxton gel seat more comfortable than the stock seat? If it's not, lie to me and tell me it is.
Mine arrives next week (while I away from Oz but I'll still be on-line).

Wobbly - It is more comfortable, at least i think so. Its not as flat and hard.

Craigore - I dont think you should have a problem, i have the same thing on my bonnie, that flap is still in place on mine, but if you have the screws in, i think the downforce from the wind should be plenty to keep it in place. And that flap doesnt fit tightly, it just sorta slides in and sits there.

Craigore

TT Racer
I actually bought the regular thrux seat from Fender, a user on the forum. Didn't really wanna pay $250 for the gel seat.