MCRA Track Day

D9

Vendor
Lox... was just thinking... if we don't have fans... we need to get fans. Big fans. LOL

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Looking good, you can gain some clearance by shifting some weight off the side of the bike and then gain even more speed! Yea, the avons are pretty damn good tires! Looks like a blast, I can't wait to get back to the track in september!

D9

Vendor
Texas94fs... I don't suit up until first call... after the session, the cow comes off and it's minimum apparel, a cold drink and a doze in the shade, until it's our time to go out again... agreed, the heat can be brutal. The toughest part isn't in the paddock... it's sitting on
the tarmac between 2nd and final call, waiting for the stragglers from the last session to roll through the hot pit - that's when Easy Bake takes on a whole new meaning :nut:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Texas94fs... I don't suit up until first call... after the session, the cow comes off and it's minimum apparel, a cold drink and a doze in the shade, until it's our time to go out again... agreed, the heat can be brutal. The toughest part isn't in the paddock... it's sitting on
the tarmac between 2nd and final call, waiting for the stragglers from the last session to roll through the hot pit - that's when Easy Bake takes on a whole new meaning :nut:

I don't either, but just sitting, even with a breeze and a cold drink, in 100 degree at almost 100% humidity is just ridiculous, even with an EZ up for shade you just wanna die.

Littlejoe

Scooter
Hey guys looking good out there.
D9, for your toe scraping issue, try what Texas94 said about hanging off more. Also, get your toes up on the footpegs to keep them from touching down.
This is me on my Ducati, I know its better suited to the track than our Bonnies, but you can see my foot and body position pretty good.
SBP_5415.jpg

SBP_5432.jpg

loxpump

Rocker
I'll have to try hanging off the bike more, I'm out of room to lean her over. I've managed to keep my toes up on the pegs but then the pegs just scrape along with my shifter. It's actually kind of been an indicator to me that I'm running out of sidewall tread. Also great pic Joe!

Littlejoe

Scooter
Thanks guys.
Another way to gain some ground clearance is by opening the throttle though the turn, believe it or not it actually raises the suspension. Granted, you have to be judicious with the screw, but the bike will reward you with a bit more ground clearance and feel more planted.

D9

Vendor
Couple of pics from this past Saturday June 12, coming and going... one hotter-than-hot day!... weighed 183 at
5:30am saturday morning, down to 179 12 hours later, despite constant hydration... great time despite the heat, again was completely done in by the 6th session around
mid afternoon... gotta work on the fitness aspect... got to. Lox & I got outta there just before it stormed. Rode just a little better this time, smoothness & confidence up just
a bit... knee is getting a little closer to the track, LOL, but I hate grinding my toes, dang it...
will never get used to that!

ZF-6122-04075-1-002.jpg

ZF-6122-04075-1-001.jpg

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Looks like the toes do hang down a bit but that might be good, gives you a bit of a warning on lean angle...you appear to be a long legged dude as well so maybe that has an effect on position as well...
Great looking pictures though, what fun....amazing water loss though...must be tough with those leathers on...you must get a lot of radiant heat from the asphalt for sure...anyone measure the track temp?....seems that would affect the tires grip one way or another....(i've never been on a track so it's all new to me)
Thanks for posting...

Flaco

750cc
Way cool!
Two questions and the first is rhetorical!
Where did you get that guage bracket viewable in the second pic?
Where did you find that headlight number?
Looks great and it must be removable...
Side covers painted, yes?
Carry on mate!
Allin...

loxpump

Rocker
It was a hot humid day. Avon Roadriders doing a great job, however they are kind of bubbly now.

ZF-5858-70899-1-002.jpg

ZF-5858-70899-1-001.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Nice pics... can see how the pavement is reshaping your gearshift... you're doing a better job of keeping your toes outta the way than I am.

Appreciate the comments & observations...

Tires... mine too... front has plenty of molten chunks... Koi, will try to get
a detail pic for you. This track day stuff might be shortening my tire life just a bit, LOL

Flaco, the bracket is top secret... can't divulge too much, but the action on the gauge faces is some dynamic LCD technology I've been playing with... refresh rate and pixel transition on the gauge faces still
has a long way to go... the idea is that you can instantly create almost any gauge face you want using a couple of hidden buttons... there will of course be preset face arrangements of course, from every era of Triumph, Vincent, Norton, etc... still a few weeks out on this though, but no polishing required ;). FYI... the option on my gauge faces at the time of pic
was "semi eclipse"... very stealthy!

loxpump

Rocker
Interesting pic of a previous years track day with me on my then lowered 1" Bonnie.
Scraping everything.
I'm now Thruxton length shocks. Huge improvement.
kick1e.jpg

Here's one of my kickstand.Sorry for the quality I blew up the shot a few
times. I lost my springs that day.

Before
kick1d.jpg

and after a few laps. Ground the tab off that holds the spring.
kick1c.jpg

kick1a.jpg

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
Tires... mine too... front has plenty of molten chunks... Koi, will try to get
a detail pic for you. This track day stuff might be shortening my tire life just a bit, LOL

I look at it like I'm wearing part of the tire that doesn't get used on the street.