yeah ... a bit of progress on my CB750

That looks like one of Benjies seat/tank combos.Very nice. Gorgeous paint!

I've been waiting on ol' flipprboi to build me some scrambler pipes for my Sportster for over a year.When he finally does,I probably won't be able to afford them,anyway.:rolleyes: He does some quality work.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Yup, it's a Benjie creation.

I asked him once about building a set up for the Thruxton/Bonneville ... and I'm still waiting to see that happen. He'd probably have ALOT more biz from our crowd than the CB riders. :(

What are the mechanicals like? Is the motor still stock, or has it had an over-bore kit fitted? It looks like it was pretty tidy, when you got it. & reasonably stock, apart from that ugly seat (tho I bet it's comfy) What kind of suspension are you going to use?
That thing's got the potential to be quite a missile.

Soulrebel

Street Tracker
The proportions on that seat/tank combo are dialed. Nice job. Paint looks classic. That should turn some heads and produce some smiles for you when your done.

Bonafide

NBR founder
What kind of suspension are you going to use?
That thing's got the potential to be quite a missile.

The frontend was done by the previous owner. I kinda took over his unfinished project. IKON built me some 7614s for it. Have to give *props* newbonneville.com for hooking me up with those.

ikons.jpg

could not agree more well done, exhaust four into two with a little upswept
megga each side??

I have a MAC 4 into 1 (pictured), but I have yet to get them to install. Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right, but after 3 days of trying ... I walked away from the entire bike back in the spring.

exhaust.jpg

Benjie sells a 2 into 2 setup that gives that Brit/Norton look. Alot of money, but I'm afraid I've gone this far ... wtf .. might as well.

BCRparts_075-259x193.jpg
BCRparts_065-214x197.jpg
BCRparts_070-256x193.jpg

Nodster

Banned
nice project Bonafide - I'll keep an eye on this thread

I've got a '78 CD 175 'noddy' that waiting to be wrenched

Two Stroke
Thats going to be super cool.

I want to do a mid 70's jap restore but am afraid I want have the skill to do it.

Way to go.:beer:

LS1*

Scooter
Way off topic, but looks like a nice SVO there bonafide. Just how many toys do you have? cobra, svo, bonnies, cb750...

Is that a dark grey 86?

I have a grey 84 and a black 86, +tons of used/nos parts if you ever need anything give me a holler.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Wow - small world. It's a 85 1/2. You going to the SVO Reunion?

I'm sure I have a few more toys around here. Not hard when you dont have any kids to pay for ... :)

LS1*

Scooter
No reunion, I've kinda gotten out of the SVO thing, havn't driven either for a few years, pulled the motor on the 86 to freshen it up and never put it back together. That's what happens when you have kids.

I did go to the svo nationals at watkins glen in 1992 with the svooa.

I've had my 86 for 20 years now.

D9

Vendor
Yeah ... but they're $875 plus shipping. :bug:

This project is gonna take a while. :(

:hurt:... damn... hear ya... whole lotta $$.

Got a pair of Thunderbike cans on mine...

http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn:spi:2104978038:tbike_3_BV1

Bought 'em used, think I paid $400 several years ago.... now $800! Doubt I'd be quick to pony up that much $$ today, much as I like 'em...

Maybe overly cautious but I'm thinking about bolting on something cheaper if I'm gonna do a track day...

Bonafide

NBR founder
"if you stare at it long enough ... it'll put it's self back together." :chin:

Attachments

• cb750_aug_2008.jpg
    cb750_aug_2008.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • cb750_aug_2008_2.jpg
    cb750_aug_2008_2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0