Wives And Motorcycles

wives and motorcycles

posted before on other sites but I thought appropriate for this discussion as a reminder.

Attachments

• AutoTraderAd.JPG
    AutoTraderAd.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 0

Rose

moped
It was a boring wet freezing cold Febuary a couple of yrs ago and I said to hubby, I know, lets learn how to ride a bikes. So a day later there I was doing my CBT, two days later I brought my first little bike a Suzuki Maurader, took my test in the November, brought a Honda CBF500 the next day. I soon got bored with the Honda, its a good bike but, its a Honda. So as soon as I saw the Bonnie I fell in Love and the rest they say is history.

I won't do Pillion, its a control thing as in I like to be in control or is that in charge!! I'm obsessed with biking and anything to do with it. I've done some training courses since I passed my test to improve my skills and hope to be doing a more indepth one over the winter months.

One of the main things I insisted on to hubby was that we took out good life insurance so that should anything happen to one of us, our son would never have to worry.

I plan on doing some off road training when I get the chance and would like to get into green laneing too.

Didn't realise it was such an old post, but I'm catching up on what I've missed.

mark66

TT Racer
My wife went to the motorcycle training course here in August. Dropped the bike a couple of times, once fell over and hurt her wrist and decided, this is toooo dangerous for me. I'm happy she tried but disappointed she felt it was to much for her. Anyway, now between the two of us she just has to worry about me and not herself. :cheers:

marthruxton

Two Stroke
It was a boring wet freezing cold Febuary a couple of yrs ago and I said to hubby, I know, lets learn how to ride a bikes. So a day later there I was doing my CBT, two days later I brought my first little bike a Suzuki Maurader, took my test in the November, brought a Honda CBF500 the next day. I soon got bored with the Honda, its a good bike but, its a Honda. So as soon as I saw the Bonnie I fell in Love and the rest they say is history.

I won't do Pillion, its a control thing as in I like to be in control or is that in charge!! I'm obsessed with biking and anything to do with it. I've done some training courses since I passed my test to improve my skills and hope to be doing a more indepth one over the winter months.

One of the main things I insisted on to hubby was that we took out good life insurance so that should anything happen to one of us, our son would never have to worry.

I plan on doing some off road training when I get the chance and would like to get into green laneing too.

Didn't realise it was such an old post, but I'm catching up on what I've missed.

Rose, welcome back

Hermit

moped
First date with my wife was on a bike. She took the MSF and bought a 250 Rebel. I eventually moved up to a GL for 2-up comfort on longer rides. THEN she started working at a Rehab hospital and saw the results of bad rides and her pillion days were numbered! After a few more years, I sold the GL and returned to my preference of smaller bikes. I chose the Triumph and she wrote the check! Then she wanted to start riding again, so off we went. She took the MSF again and bought herself a scooter (multiple foot surgeries made shifting almost impossible).

She's since had spinal fusion so, her riding days are over. She'll do 75 miles or so on the back of the Triumph and talks about touring again, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Last edited:

msc66

Two Stroke
My wife doesn't have a problem with me riding. Of course she wants me to be careful as possible. She like to ride with me on short rides but to be honest, around town, it wears me out having a passenger on the back.

Update

MLW loves to ride pillion. She's good for 6 to 8 hours with the occaisional break to stretch/gas/refresh. Every once in a while she indicates she will get her licence but is to busy with work and school to do it now.

I suspect she will continue to ride pillion as she indicates she really likes it. I've put saddlebags and sissybar pack on the bonneville and we've taken off for weekends when she has the time. I'm pleasently suprised how the Bonny handles two-up touring.

Think I'll keep her.

The days of MLW riding pillion appear to be numbered.

Attachments

• 08-15-2010 105.jpg
    08-15-2010 105.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
Good thread. For me, two words - "single seat"

No machoness, no bullshit, just the fact that bikes are best enjoyed alone. That's just physics.

Cheers,

Pikey.

78gold

Two Stroke
My Wife is a bit anti me riding but does see how it releases some of that built up tension from work etc.

She will go on short rides (100k's round trip) but is a bit incomfortable at times. I have just bought her some new Leathers and hope that it will make her feel a bit more protected.

We are going away for the long weekend and will be putting the Bonnie in the Van to get there but will do a few rides while away.

One advantage is she looks pretty good in leather (IMHO) and seems more relaxed with getting on the bike now.

After 20+ years of marriage I think I will keep her.

I am really looking forward to getting away.