What do YOU guys want if you could have it made?

pattybilt

Scooter
I have put some thought into this seat stuff and I want to offer not only the seat bracket but a new seat entirely, so two options, those who want to keep the stock seat and those who want a new seat. Im meeting with a seat maker today, im going to bring him a metal pan that i have been working on, i want this seat to be a bit taller and a tad less wide, and a little les lengthy, it will resemble classis seats, Im very excited about this, as I despise the stock seat in its entirety!

it will resemble classis seats

Does this mean it will resemble the stock seat or more the classic seats used on Tigers and Trophys by Meriden?

I have always thought a seat with no dip for the rider between pillion would be better for people 6ft & above.

pic%20bike%20Triumph%20Bonneville%20T120%201966%20FHJ%20308D%206.JPG
pic%20bike%20Triumph%20Bonneville%20T120%201966%20FHJ%20308D%207.JPG

Last edited:

pattybilt

Scooter
Yes sir! I want my particualr seat to have noe dip whatsoever, I think it will flow better with the tank, and of course, give that much needed classis feel! Everytime I pass my bike I actually find myself glare at the seat, I really do despise it greatly!

I want my particualr seat to have no dip whatsoever, I think it will flow better with the tank, and of course, give that much needed classis feel! Everytime I pass my bike I actually find myself glare at the seat, I really do despise it greatly!

The seat has been a major thread here and on other trumpy sites. I think you are most def on a winner with that mate. As I dont believe anyone is doing that style at all. And to have the side flip opening as well All can say is WOW

ivar

TT Racer
These Burton bike bits seats got the right look:
(and maybe these may be better suited for this conversion than the OEM seats...?)
CIMG1918.jpg

retrorider

Scooter
I don't know if someone mentioned this in the previous 16 pages, but I've been looking a long time for an integrated sissy bar and luggage rack for the Bonnie, something like the one from MCResources available at NewBonneville.com (http://www.newbonneville.com/html/seat_bar.html), but not ugly. The bars on this one are too thin, and the seatback is just pitiful. I like the height because it provides a good backrest for a passenger as well as a sturdy mount for a tailbag. But did I mention that it's ugly? Surely you could improve on it.

pattybilt

Scooter
Retrorider, that combo that you posted is less than acceptable, Im not sure if I could beat the price though, might be in the two hundred dollar range. If you look on page four I built one for my bike, its definitely not the style that youre looking for, but the method of connection from the frame loop that i built to the back rest pad can be made in any configuration. That loop I made mounts between the frame and the fender and snugs up under the frame rail. To better situate the bike in my parking space I will actually lift the back of the bike up by the loop and move it accordingly.
Does anyone know if the burton seat it a metal or plastic pan?
SDC11151.jpg

SDC11149.jpg

Last edited:

J.D.

moped
Hi...some good idea's (flip up seat being my favourite) so far...but I must say some of the suggestions make me wonder why some of you even own a Bonneville...this is a thoroughbred we're talking about...please show some restraint...we want the 'Legend' to live on...just my opinion...
Later...

curezee

Street Tracker
Hi...some good idea's (flip up seat being my favourite) so far...but I must say some of the suggestions make me wonder why some of you even own a Bonneville...this is a thoroughbred we're talking about...please show some restraint...we want the 'Legend' to live on...just my opinion...
Later...

With a post like that you need to either step up with examples and let people defend their choices or keep it to yourself. Just M2C.

Later...

Anyone got a Level 12 Wizard with Mohawk Grenades to blow up this troll? :kick:

rodburner

Rocker
I'm pretty sure he was referring to my request for a limited slip differential that fit my new bolt on mono shock trike conversion with flip up seat and hay baler.
:pick:

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I'm pretty sure he was referring to my request for a limited slip differential that fit my new bolt on mono shock trike conversion with flip up seat and hay baler.
:pick:

honestly, if anyone could DO a mono shock trike conversion/hay baler..

rodburner

Rocker
Well TC,everybody is doing rigid Bonnie's now,So the only unexplored avenues left [at least to me] are single sided swing arms and a trike. I ruled the single side out,just because I wouldn't want to wreck my mags with a 2"axle,so.....
and you know there's only another week until winter,so.....:D

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Well TC,everybody is doing rigid Bonnie's now,So the only unexplored avenues left [at least to me] are single sided swing arms and a trike. I ruled the single side out,just because I wouldn't want to wreck my mags with a 2"axle,so.....
and you know there's only another week until winter,so.....:D

Oye vey. The weather is just getting tolerable down here. . . . I may have to rething this potential move to seattle.

Paddy, How about a chunky fork brace that isn't 200+ fucking dollars? I could use one of those oh I donno. . right about now.