What do YOU guys want if you could have it made?

pattybilt

Scooter
A friend and I just started an aftermarket parts/prototype company. We have alot of designs and ideas in the works, a full fab shop and a four axis mill :). Right now we are trying to phase out the overly billet and live to ride stuff out there. As an owner of a t100 and a person who will never buy anything that I can make, I have noticed there are really very few parts (that look decent) for bonnevilles. Our focus is to phase out the ridiculous looking stuff and make items that will stand the test of time, not only in quality but design sense. We can make ANYTHING! So what do you want to see made?

Right now we are working on a one bolt riser, one bolt tightens and holds the bars to the top tree, no visible bolts or nuts. Flip style gas cap, one version thats fabricated and one thats machined one top of many other styles of caps. Footpegs, that actually look decent. Hand controls. Foot controls. Bars.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Cost effective rearsets would be a good start Patty. Norman Hyde wants over $400 for his and LSL wants almost as much for a more contemporary design. A nice headlight bracket between the Thruxton and LSL shape would be nice. Price point is the big deal there as there are very good suppliers for this stuff already in place like Hyde, LSL and Joker.

I personally wouldn't be interested in a one bolt riser as invisible bolts to me belies the native utility of the bonneville....more of a Harley thing which doesn't resonate with many bonny guys.

Cafe parts would be good and aluminum in particular. I would like to see nice aluminum fenders pretty close in shape to the T100 only a bit shorter...but not thruxton short.

An aluminum gas tank and rear seat cowling would be nice as well....and perhaps side covers and even swiss cheese Al chain guard. This stuff takes a fair amount of development if not some artisanship and a far cry from CAD programs hogging out CNC created parts from billet.

Those are my suggestions and all the best.

Last edited:

pattybilt

Scooter
Thank you for your response! Ill post a pic of the risers, I think you may like them, they have a touch of elegance to them. I have stripped out a few risers having allen head bolts, due to my ten thousand bar swaps, which led me to the one bolt option.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Relative to risers's...my preference for example is Jim's spacers which are minimalist versus Genmar risers which have too much metal to be aesthetic IMHO.
There maybe demand for another riser out there as risers are sometimes desired even with a low bar. Speaking of bars, I believe that maybe another opportunity if you have access to a mandrel bender or a bar mfr. Maybe something between a superbar and M bar would be desirable...and for those that like to ride a bonny like a cruiser, more of a pullback bar.

Another suggestion if you have injection molding access would be for airbox lovers...a larger snorkel (versus bellmouth) integrated into the LHS airbox panel...plug and play...better flow, a bit more sound but not unbridled sound like a bellmouth or no snorkel.
Cheers.
TC's suggestion is excellent.

Last edited:

champ7fc

Scooter
I would also be interested in a method to hinge and latch the seat so it flips up like my 66 Bonnie did. Thanks, craig

strokerlmt

cafe seat pans, cafed fenders, re locate lic plate plate, rear sets, classic light bucket where you could put the idiot tights into it and get all the wires in without jamming, SIDE panels light weight exposing filters but hiding the junk, new smaller battery box that raises the battery up and partially into teh seat pan then you could move towards a see through bike, light weight swingarm at a reasonable price, rear brake caliper bracket that flips brake cal on top, you know that BIG butt ugly piece of framing that goes from the endine to top frame behind the carborators......make one that looks good and much smaller to promote see through engine, on the rear fender have a nice little bracket to hold the rectifier and horn,
"press on"
LMT

Texas94fs

Hooligan
A pair of adjustable rear sets would be on my list for sure. The ones they do sell are way pricey and have no adjustability. A different gas cap would be nice as well and of course like everyone else the flip up seat. Perhaps a set of levers as well.

strokerlmt

ditto on the levers......nice ones that don't cost 175-195 bucks......they don't have to be adjustable...billet and drilled for weigh and look....
LMT

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Oh, boy.. my brain will be working overtime on this one.. I'm pretty satisfied with my Bonnie "as is".. but lemme think on it for a while..

MES

750cc
A pair of adjustable rear sets would be on my list for sure. The ones they do sell are way pricey and have no adjustability. A different gas cap would be nice as well and of course like everyone else the flip up seat. Perhaps a set of levers as well.
another for adjustable rearsets and a flip seat

strokerlmt

The other thing I am working on and I will scan and pass notes to you is a kit that allows you to (on the Bonneville) and slide the rear brake piston and reservoir back to the frame. You would tap into the frame and use some custom shims to keep the piston verticle. Then with your new side covers you will make .....the whole smaller flatter lighter side covers more back 4-5 inches. You then cover the piston and reservoir and expose the filters. The covers could also have a small classy air scope .....
LMT

pattybilt

Scooter
Ill do some r&d on the seat flip kit within the next few days, I think I have an idea...........I want one too! Haha

Last edited: