wanna see what 5 weeks off work

rodburner

Rocker
looks like? !! People,don`t ever get old!
torn meniscus in right knee of 53 year old dickhead.This should look like a smooth layer of marshmellow creme between the bones,not a fuckin pillow fight over at Hef`s.:hurt:
bikemovies259.jpg

slowgator

750cc
I Hear Ya!

looks like? !! People,don`t ever get old!
torn meniscus in right knee of 53 year old dickhead.

RB: I literally feel your pain; I have had chronic pain in my right knee for a while now and think it's a torn or worn meniscus. So...are you opting for the surgery? Will they repair or replace your meniscus? What type of procedure produced this image? MRI?

I still walk 5 miles a day but the last mile or 2 is getting painful and I'll have to face the music sooner or later. Ball park figure, what will this cost you?

Appreciate your feedback.

KingBear

Hooligan
If you don't want to know, don't look! At 46 I just try to ignore the pain in my ankle and the grinding in my shoulder. As far as I'm concerned there are few things more dangerous than congress in session, a lawyer on retainer, or a doctor with a scalpel.

Get well soon!

simpson

TT Racer
Ugly! That is why I try to keep my skin on the outside and (mostly) intact!

Hey....Why is the image in a thought bubble?

-simpson

slowgator

750cc
Head In Sand?

If you don't want to know, don't look! At 46 I just try to ignore the pain in my ankle and the grinding in my shoulder. As far as I'm concerned there are few things more dangerous than congress in session, a lawyer on retainer, or a doctor with a scalpel.

Get well soon!

You can ignore the pain for so long before your body will ground you and refuse to go any more. I totally agree about the scalpel and avoid surgery whenever possible BUT just like when my Bonny put me at the side of the road and demanded repair, one day my chronic knee problem will demand repair or replacement.

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks JCW.
Gator,that is one of the pics from the arthroscopic surgery I had on the 5th.I tore it in early October,and continued working and walking on it right up to the minute they knocked me out.It hurt at the start,but the pain mostly went away as I got used to it.By November,it was mostly just inconvenient to do my job.I couldn`t kneel or crouch or kick a shovel,but I could walk fine.I have no idea about the costs.If L&I wasn`t covering it,my medical insurance would have.If caught early,like pro football players,They miss a game. For us regular people,by the time we get the needed "approvals"we`ve done 10 times more damage.Its gotta be cheaper than knee replacement,which is now in the long term picture.
And trust me ,dealing with doctors over my wifes medical issues,I try to avoid them like the plague.This was/is my very first medical procedure.

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
My knee is still stiff,sore from the surgery,wobbly from the loss of the meniscus they did take out and the surgery opens the door for arthritis.Supposedly,it will return to pre-injury levels of function and be free of pains in general. THEN the left side will go,because of all the slack it had to take up while this one got treated.:chair:
My hope right now is to be able to pick up my right leg and put my right foot on the peg before the snow stops.I can`t do it now,without a helping hand.
And don`t think for a second that I won`t TRIKE my bike,cuz I`m building the frame [in my head]already.:)

koifarm

Hooligan
Glad to see you're on the mend Rodburner,
The human body is a fragile thing, the older you get the more you begin to understand that statement.
So far, I've got two artificial hips, a shattered right femur, a huge, i mean huge, kidney stone removed by surgery, a bad rotator cuff on the right shoulder (getting that done first of the year) a severe case of spinal stenosos (narrowing of the spinal column from arthritis) for which I wear a morphine (fentanyl) patch every day, and am going into surgery tomorrow to shatter two kidney stones in the RH kidney with the Lithotrypsy machine.
But you know what? I'm still riding! The moral of that story Rodburner, is hang in there, you will heal and be able to ride again without a third wheel! Work with your physical theapist, they know the deal and can show you the way back to normalty. You'll be on the bike before you know it man!
As far as the leg getting on the peg, rig up some bungee cords, with the right tension, you should be able to snap that leg on the peg smartly! Just watch the right turns if you put the bungees on your bars!!
Keep a positive attitude, good luck on healing quickly!

slowgator

750cc
My knee is still stiff,sore from the surgery,wobbly from the loss of the meniscus they did take out and the surgery opens the door for arthritis.)

So they didn't replace your torn meniscus with an artificial one? I thought that was an option? Doesn't that make it "bone to bone"? How will that work?

Anyhow, Godspeed your recovery bro and hope you get back in the saddle soon!

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks Farmer. I feel good,not worried in the least.I`ll be fine.I`m very familiar with morphine and fentanyl. My wife uses all that stuff for her chronic back pain.
Gator,they left ,from what I understand,quite a bit of material.They removed the torn edges,and the balled up pile in the center,but there was still plenty left.They never mentioned replacement of anything in the joint.

hankmarx

750cc
I can't believe you made me google bergina.

get well soon, Rodburner.

Attachments

• bikemovies259.jpg
    bikemovies259.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0

slowgator

750cc
Me Too

I can't believe you made me google bergina.

get well soon, Rodburner.

1. Bergina Monster
Its the kinda thing that makes u just say..Holy Shit!!!!! Its one of the most repulsive pussies around.
OMG Kayla has a total Bergina Monster :lol2:

Kframe

Street Tracker
Ugly! That is why I try to keep my skin on the outside and (mostly) intact!

Hey....Why is the image in a thought bubble?

-simpson

Endoscopes, arthroscopes, etc have that notch in the image so the surgeon can know how the image is oriented.
When you twist the camera around, especially in an abdomen (not so much in knees) you can lose track of what is up.

-K

Revsmail

Scooter
Hi Rodburner,
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
I've been there, done that, and got the T shirt, takes a while to come good.
One thing that has helped hold my knee joints together is a regular stint on a rowing machine.
It's a bastard of an invention, but it has built up muscle around my knees.
I'm the same age as you, and I think that sooner or later I will require a replacement knee and hip joint.
Part of the joy of getting old eh!
Anyhow, have a merry christmas and get back in the saddle as soon as you can!
Cheers
Pete