Ugliest bit on a Bonneville

strokerlmt

The T-100 brake reservoir seems poor. I was going to change out then found beringer etc are for 7/8" bars not one inch. So to change the res its the whole assembly both sides plus new bars. Looking for wrecked Thruxton anyone???
LMT

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
I know its probably a first, but I hate the ugly left side engine case... especially when the cases are chrome, which seems to make the bloated broadness of it stand out. It just looks so fat, broad, and bulky to me.

I wonder if I am the only one.

I agree with all the rest of the posts also, especially the blender noise and new plastic shitty badges.

strokerlmt

Are the new tank badges getting cheap ???
Even after we picked apart the "uglies" the Bonneville has classic looks that will just not go away. I really like the basic look and theme. When I look at everyones bike on this site I see lots of character and personality. Something you just don't seem to be able to see with the rice rockets.
Bonnevilles are here to stay.
Oh....a nice bonus is for someone like myself, a good rider and 31 inch inseam, the Bonneville is a great wt, handles very well with some inexpensive modifications, can be extremely powerful and if you don't do what I have done a purchase won't break the bank.
LMT

if you don't do what I have done a purchase won't break the bank.
lol thats the problem though, we all do. I am going the opposite way to most of you and trying to get an older look. There is a lot I want to still change but family, mortgage etc means it wont happen fast. And really even with the ugly indicators it still gets a lot of comments. So dont worry others as much as it does us. Dont know if anyone else has this problem but tho wheels are not ugly the chrome is starting to remove. Must be cheap manufactured wheels I reckon.

WaterTower

Scooter
Cheap White Metal

Over all I love my 06 Bonnie Black.

I agree with the ugly tail and turn lights but my biggest disapointment is the bare metal lines on the front cooler and carb intake manifolds.
The crude metal always looks chalk -ie
Why don't they polish these up to give a better look ??? I like the bare metal but they are a constant eye sore.:( and hard to keep polished and less like a rust bucket.

Last edited:

Clarke

Scooter
Newer style cheap brake reservoir

and the cheap L bracket that holds it! Shame on them for the plastic stick on tank badges. Use metal, use graphics/pin stripe, or just leave the holes on the side for people to buy a metal one. For crying out loud.

jewel

Scooter
The seam on the bottom of the tank has always bothered me. Having a 69 Bonneville and seeing how much neater it looks, shows how Triumph have cut corners for the sake of a few dollars.
Plastic badges and rusty bolts are also annoying.

Jewel

KingBear

Hooligan
The seam at the bottom of the tank is probably less annoying to those of us with black bikes just because it doesn't show as much, being in the shadow and all. But I'd have to agree that the rear light cluster is pretty fugly.

strokerlmt

Yes......it is a beautiful machine....classic.....IMO one of the things nice about the Tri Bon is that you can make some classic modifications.
So it seems most like the bike.......but .......like to do a few changes.
LMT