Ugliest bit on a Bonneville

strokerlmt

Hey Nick.....we aren't bashing and I never wanted to start a thread that was a BASH thread.
The bike is a great concept......great retro come back......I personally love the machine.
It is just that any company has a bunch of eraser heads that say " if you take this bit and make it out of galvanized shit ....when you sell 800,000 million units you will save a trillion dollars"
The eraser heads have a lot of control.
The whole idea was to find non expensive ways to make a great bike greater.
All the best
LMT

Nick Morey

Rocker
I would like to thank those "eraser heads" for producing a bike I can afford. Thank you!!! And its a Bonneville to boot, all that heritage and beauty and a great all around bike under a wide variety of conditions. I'm not going to start picking my bike apart deciding what I don't like. That just takes the shine off of her. When I first saw the New Bonnie I thought it was simply stunning. That being said I have changed mine to something more that reflects where bikes were when I was younger, that's just me and quite frankly the original style was just as good (some would say better).

As for "cheap plastic parts" instead of metal parts, I"ve already seen what happens to metal parts up here in the northeast (lots of rusty tank badges, tail lights, and turn signals up here). How these "cheap plastic parts" hold up remain to be seen, but when I look at them now they don't look cheap, in fact, I didn't know the mirrors and tank badges were plastic until I read about it here and on the "rat" sight. This thread was about ugly parts of the bike not what it's made out of, right? Just sayin'...

IMHO I think Triumph has done a hell of a good job and I thank John Bloor for insisting on reviving a piece of history that I have always admired and done it in a way that us poorer folk can afford. :headbang2: :worthy: :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Ok, now that I've said my piece back to the bashing, or whatever you want to call it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Nick..good post ..you are very close to number One Fan......no apology necessary. I am a big fan to. Had a "old school" Bonneville back in college about a hundred yrs ago.
The 09 I just saw yesterday just had some obvious sub contracted bits. I like the old school Brit attitude,..... Triumph, Morgan, Jag, Norton, .....we make everything and make it better. Sort of like Norman Hydes quality. Just put his rear sets on. Bought directly from him.....sorry Brent et all....but no one had a set in the USA......the price was great and I had them in 4 days from England.
Enough said.....glad everyone posted.
LMT