Ugliest bit on a Bonneville

strokerlmt

Might be revisiting old territory if so apologies. New Bonnevilles.....what does everyone think ugliest part is.....ie.....brake fluid reservoir, oil cooler, stock indicator lites.......
Thx
LMT

Easy13

Street Tracker
+1 on turn signals and tail light. I actually kinda like the overall look, but they're plastic and they LOOK plastic. If someone produced these items in aluminum (perhaps with shorter T/S stalks), I believe they'd take on alot more of a cool factor.....

The headlight bucket is close to right, but it somehow also misses the mark. If Triumph had modelled it more closely to the 1st generation Bonneville, it too would be MUCH cooler.

hankmarx

750cc
The tail light and indicators were easy enough to change, it is that standing seam under the gas tank that still bothers me

Bonniebret

Rocker
Put me down for the tail light assembly as well. Remember somewhere it was referred to as the "War of The Worlds" light.

Are you asking what to change on your bike or what do we think in general?

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Put me down for the stock huge plastic gauge cups and reflectors on the rear fender but those are simple enough to remove.

. Badge should be Harley Davidson
. Dont make an all pink
. Handle bars need to be 5 foot long apehangers
. Too much metal instead of plastic
. Needs tassles

Threewheelbonni

Two Stroke
I'd like to get my hands on the clown who lined up the rear axle with the silencers. Come the revolution he's going to be spending his days fixing punctures with scorched hands :mad:

Andy

strokerlmt

I was just looking for general comments for stock bike.
NewBonneville has a pretty nice blk powder coated assembly that looks better than the plastics. My friends tell me the std bulbs are hard to see. The stock seat sucks. I agree with someone........the std pipe sound is prissy brit.....not the cafe brit rocker sound. Std mirrors ugly......it seems a lot of this would be easy for tri to change and not cost them anymore to produce but obviously their concept is something they like. Their stock triple clamps seem weak.
Of course if they didn't do most of this I wouldn't have anything to do.
LMT

bbrovold

Scooter
I'll vote for the cheap controls on the newer models. What was wrong with the controls on the T100? Especially the lame brake reservoir! What a cheap piece of crap.
If this is the way it's going, I'll have to keep my '05 forever.

koifarm

Hooligan
Tank seam, bend in the exhaust pipe and sewing machine sound, lack of tach on black and bonnie, otherwise okay, the new ones aren't the old ones but a good shot at modernizing, lucas sucks, leaks suck, don't have them anymore....I think they could have done a better job with the overall "look" but it's pretty good....I go back and forth on the new/old thing...I do like both but nowadays I like the modern one, less fuss.....ain't nuthin like jumpin on an old one though.....takes me back.....

koifarm

Hooligan
Plus 10

I'd like to get my hands on the clown who lined up the rear axle with the silencers. Come the revolution he's going to be spending his days fixing punctures with scorched hands :mad:

Andy

Gotta agree plus 10 on that one...engineer should be castrated so he can't reproduce!:chair:

MattRat

TT Racer
ugliest, most annoying bit is the cheap - ass nuts on the exhaust mount studs that rust to pieces within a month.