Trouble Finding Bar End Mirrors After Installing Thruxton Handlebars

I just recently installed a thruxton handlebar on my T100 and I'm loving it but i have a problem, i can't find a bar end mirror or after market mirror to fit. the thread size of a stock bonnie is a M5 bolt, but on the thruxton handlebar the thread size is a M6. i recently bought the triumph bonneville mirrors but after several tries they just don't work because the M6 bolt is too think for the hole on the bar end adapter so ill have to take it back. can anyone help?

Twodogs

Street Tracker
What year Thrux bars are they?? My 05 Thrux clip ons are 5mm thread and the Napoleon bar end mirrors sold to me by Triumph fit no problems having a 5mm thread. My 06 T100 had napoleon bar end mirrors already fitted when I bought it and they were also 5mm to suit the standard T100 5mm bars. The later Thruxtons without the clip ons all run bar end mirrors as standard so I am assuming that you must have these bars and they then must have 6mm threaded holes therefore there must be two sizes of threads in the Triumph (Napoleon) range, which I was unaware of. Are the bars second hand and could have someone drilled and retapped them to 6mm?? Simple solution would be to just drill the mirror out to suit the 6mm shank of the bolt and then get somebody with a lathe to machine the head of the 6mm bolt down (or stick the bolt shank in a drill and run a file over the head while spinning it) a tad to fit in the hole recess of the mirror for the bolt head. You cannot take this hole in the mirror out any bigger because the plug will not stay in.

I did get an aftermarket set of chinese bar end mirrors on ebay for my T100 (Which is now fitted with built well tracker bars that I had welded in some plugs that I had tapped too 5mm to suit the napoleons) because I didn't like the look of the napoleons anymore and they were 6mm bolts so I drilled the thread out on my bars and retapped it to 6mm to suit. The 6mm is a better size as it give a better clamping force so it wouldn't hurt to mod the mirrors to suit the bigger bolt. The chinese mirrors were from customerservers (Areyour Shop) and are to suit 7/8" hollow bars but I just did away with the insert and ground off the little lug bit and it flush fitted to my 1" T100 builtwell tracker bars perfect.

Everything fits you just have hold your tongue the right way. Cheers TD

Thanks for The response-

I believe the bars are from a 08 thruxton, it appears to say that on the triumph pa packaging. I bought the bars directly from the dealer. They are a low rise style not a clip on.

I didn't want to drill out the Napoleon bar end adapter in case I wanted to return them. I'm questioning if I will like The style after all, not sure if I like how the support arm of the mirror swings out in a arch.

I really loved the style of my triumph bar ends mirrors on my 06 speed triple. I was just looking for something less spendy.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
crg bar end mirrors with an adaptor will fit. I run a pair on my stock 2010 thruxton m bars. If ordering OEM napolean mirrors make sure that your dealer is using a part number that has the prefix of "T" and not "A". The napolean branded mirrors dont fit the stock thrux bars. The OEM mirrors are the "Ken Sean" brand

mark66

TT Racer
The_Josh, hey if you can hold out for about 10 days I've got a set of Ken Sean bar ends that came off a Thrux. If you want I would ship them to you no charge, just cover postage, and if your happy with them we could work out a price. If they're not what you expected just ship them back. Reason I can't ship them now is the wife and I are headed to Paris Wednesday and won't be back till next Thursday night the 27th.
If your interested in this you can email me at, [email protected]

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Thanks for The response-

I believe the bars are from a 08 thruxton, it appears to say that on the triumph pa packaging. I bought the bars directly from the dealer. They are a low rise style not a clip on.

I didn't want to drill out the Napoleon bar end adapter in case I wanted to return them. I'm questioning if I will like The style after all, not sure if I like how the support arm of the mirror swings out in a arch.

I really loved the style of my triumph bar ends mirrors on my 06 speed triple. I was just looking for something less spendy.

When you say return them, then haven't you used them yet?? So if you haven't used them yet why not then go and exchange them for a set that will fit your 08 bars. As mentioned the later Thruxtons had bar end mirrors as standard (Which as jhiller71 mentioned are the Ken Sean brand) and that is including the 08, so Triumph must have mirrors that will fit your bars. If they still don't float your boat then look at these if you are wanting something less spendy.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bar-End-...Accessories&hash=item45fd25590d#ht_3581wt_959.
They are only 28 bucks and they look great (I think so anyway) and are pretty good quality and as mentioned they can be modified to fit anything. I fitted the ones I got to solid 1" bars that I tapped out to 6mm. I would be just drilling your napoleans out now that you have them and the using a 6mm bolt as it is a better size bolt for clamping.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
If you pick up a pair of CRG bar ends, you'll never look back.. er,.. well.. you'll actually see what's behind you!.. They aren't cheap, but they're the best bar ends I've ever used.

You do know that Triumph sells (or sold) bar ends for Thruxtons..

sportyone

Street Tracker
I just recently installed a thruxton handlebar on my T100 and I'm loving it but i have a problem, i can't find a bar end mirror or after market mirror to fit. the thread size of a stock bonnie is a M5 bolt, but on the thruxton handlebar the thread size is a M6. i recently bought the triumph bonneville mirrors but after several tries they just don't work because the M6 bolt is too think for the hole on the bar end adapter so ill have to take it back. can anyone help?

just drill out the damn hole to 6mm & grind down the bolt head, for Pete's sake ! :mad2:

then they will work well & look stock too !

Last edited:
just drill out the damn hole to 6mm & grind down the bolt head, for Pete's sake ! :mad2:

then they will work well & look stock too !

well i didn't do that in the case i thought they were ugly as hell

i returned them and went with a mirror i knew well. i bought the speed triple mirrors and some cry bar end adapters

wildjester

Scooter
I ran into a similar prob with the mirrors on my Scram. I drilled the threads in the bar and tapped one size larger for a perfect fit. Took 10 minutes. Then tweeks later replaced the bar... haha... isn't that always the way.