Triumph Service Manual pdf

shanerides

Scooter
service manual

I'm not sure how to PM...if you would e-mail shanerides at hotmail dot com I'll take a copy.

Last edited:

shanerides

Scooter
Is it just me, or did 50 guys just join this site to get a free manual?

:loser:

It seems that way...I just joined this month because I just bought another Triumph. I had a Speedmaster about 4 years back and just picked up an 01' Bonneville. I also purchased a hard copy of the work shop manual but having the manual in pdf would be nice as well.

Carnation

Street Tracker
Just to clarify what happens here.......til you posted 10 times you can't pm.

I'll help out genuine members of the site with the pdf, but you have to pm me to get it.

This means that The Dude doesn't catch shit for hosting it on here.

If The Dude doesn't like it this way he'll stop it, I'm sure.

Gretsch

Rocker
"HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY? AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES? MARK IT ZERO!"

Saying that the manual is too expensive and that makes it OK to steal is ludicrous. Theft is theft. It doesn't matter what YOU think is a fair price for something. Sellers set the price and buyers decide if they want to purchase the product. That's called the free market folks (I know we haven't seen much of the free market lately but that's how it once worked).

Why not just go steal a new motorcycle from Triumph? I mean come on, the Street Triple is nice but for 10K out the door? That's just too much. Besides, it's only a fraction of that to produce. I'll just go take the fucking thing.

Fucking Nihilists

pepper

Street Tracker
On the other hand, your buddy giving you a beer out of the 6 pack he bought isn't stealing? You got something for free which someone else paid for and you've deprived the brewery the money they would have gotten had you bought your own. My God, what a bunch of thievin' bastards them beer drinkin' motorcycle ridin' mother fuckers have become. :eeek:

As long as someone isnt setting up shop to reprint and sell the manuals, or sell on line copies, I don't see a problem. But then again I admit I'm a sinner and a law breaker and I'm surely going to hell for breaking the ton (among a long list of other such dastardly deeds). :whip:

Gretsch

Rocker
On the other hand, your buddy giving you a beer out of the 6 pack he bought isn't stealing? You got something for free which someone else paid for and you've deprived the brewery the money they would have gotten had you bought your own. My God, what a bunch of thievin' bastards them beer drinkin' motorcycle ridin' mother fuckers have become. :eeek:

As long as someone isnt setting up shop to reprint and sell the manuals, or sell on line copies, I don't see a problem. But then again I admit I'm a sinner and a law breaker and I'm surely going to hell for breaking the ton (among a long list of other such dastardly deeds). :whip:

Bad example. Beer is a consumable product. Once you've made the purchase the transaction is done. It cannot be copied and redistributed. Making a copy of a book, Music, or a shop manual is a whole different thing. Now, if you want to buy the shop manual, rip some pages out and give them to your friend that would work.

pepper

Street Tracker
I don't want to debate copyright, trademark and patent infringement because I could give a shit about it in non-commercial use and very, very few companies do either. And FWIW, the ATF knows redistribution of consumables can be and is done as they bust illegal bars and backroom liquor stores on the reservations around here all the time.

The point of my last post, and what I should have said is, who really gives a fuck whether or not a guy gives somebody a copy of his service manual? And who the fuck among us is so pure and free of sin that they can pass judgement and call others here thieves for making or accepting such an offer?

when Triumph stops ripping people off with insane parts and accessories prices, maybe then I would consider buying their products. The manual should have come free with the bike in the first place, along with a centerstand, and packable tool kit !

Gretsch

Rocker
I don't want to debate copyright, trademark and patent infringement because I could give a shit about it in non-commercial use and very, very few companies do either. And FWIW, the ATF knows redistribution of consumables can be and is done as they bust illegal bars and backroom liquor stores on the reservations around here all the time.

The point of my last post, and what I should have said is, who really gives a fuck whether or not a guy gives somebody a copy of his service manual? And who the fuck among us is so pure and free of sin that they can pass judgment and call others here thieves for making or accepting such an offer?

I think the MPAA would disagree with your first statement. Your ATF comment is a straw-man. I'm sure a shit not free of sin but I've benefited from having others point out when I'm in the wrong. Do what you want. I just call it like I see it.

pepper

Street Tracker
Jesus H. Christ Gretsch, you gonna be a cry baby ALL your life?? Nobody gives a fuck about no goddamned MPAA or your deep seated need to steer the moral compass of society. It's a fucking service manual for crying out loud.

Fuck it, I'm done. You win. We're all a bunch a no good dirty thieves, call the federalis and have us hauled off to the pokey :flag:

Think I'll go confess my sins and grab a couple beers at the titty bar to get my self respect back...

Gretsch

Rocker
Jesus H. Christ Gretsch, you gonna be a cry baby ALL your life?? Nobody gives a fuck about no goddamned MPAA or your deep seated need to steer the moral compass of society. It's a fucking service manual for crying out loud.

Fuck it, I'm done. You win. We're all a bunch a no good dirty thieves, call the federalis and have us hauled off to the pokey :flag:

Think I'll go confess my sins and grab a couple beers at the titty bar to get my self respect back...

:lol: Yeah, I'm the crybaby. :lol:

mikenva

Rocker
We are all going to hell oh well whats new lol. Pepper what titty bar we going to after we rip off a bike and go to church?

Gretsch

Rocker
Gretsch, I think your fighting a losing battle mate. Times have changed over the last few years, we have all been ripped off in some shape or form by corporations/Governments to the extent that our children and grandchildren will be paying long after we've gone.

I don't believe the service manual should be free with the bike, but I do tend to think it should be more reasonably priced as it is essential for home maintenance. Besides all manufacturers charge an arm and a leg for spares. A couple of years ago MCN did an article on a the price of a Honda CBR600RR new and the price if it was built from new spares parts, the new bike was around £6,500, built from spare parts it was around £36,500. So who's ripping who off?

Yeah, I guess we can just do whatever we want now because of real or imagined injustices done to us. Niccolò Machiavelli would be so proud. :yawn:

Like I said, do what you want. I'm just calling it like I see it.