Thruxton Gel Question

Beaman

Two Stroke
I am thinking of buying a Thruxton Gel seat for my 08 Bonnie. Is there gel in the passenger end?

strokerlmt

I am thinking of buying a Thruxton Gel seat for my 08 Bonnie. Is there gel in the passenger end?

I am no expert ......from what I have read take your stock seat and send it to anyone of the major rebuilders and you will get a more comfortable seat and probably same price. They take your cover off, cut out the form and put some coffyyy stuff in and there you go.
My two cents....
LMT

The only reason I don't like the gel seat is that some of the gel on mine smooshed into the side areas so now there's this strange ridge going around intermittently on the outside of the seat.

I only weigh 160... so it wasn't because of my fat ass.

austat2

Scooter
i love the thruxton gel seat it made the bike more comfortable. The fiance loves it too. It does get hot quick so i just leave my helmet on the seat or find some shade.

CafeCool79

Scooter
I am no expert ......from what I have read take your stock seat and send it to anyone of the major rebuilders and you will get a more comfortable seat and probably same price. They take your cover off, cut out the form and put some coffyyy stuff in and there you go.
My two cents....
LMT

Just a side note, if you (the OP) are not familiar with the Thruxton gel seat, you probably are, it comes with a hole on each side to support screws for a seat cowl piece. If you are looking for the seat cowl 'look', go with the Thruxton gel seat that already supports the cowl. It would just be more work to add the holes to the stock seat.

sportyone

Street Tracker
Just a side note, if you (the OP) are not familiar with the Thruxton gel seat, you probably are, it comes with a hole on each side to support screws for a seat cowl piece. If you are looking for the seat cowl 'look', go with the Thruxton gel seat that already supports the cowl. It would just be more work to add the holes to the stock seat.

yes just go with a gell seat, best thing ever !

hey "articsea", if that is the case it maybe faulty never heard that before, I'd send it back !! :eeek: