Bad Week...

Flaco

750cc
I don't, well post, bad stuff... But...
Had a great ride Saturday the 4th w/ the ride I orginized w/ the Tucson Vintage Motorcycle Riders that I belong to. 17 bikes from old BMW's, Royal Enfield, Moto Guzzi, Honda, Triumph, Suzuki, Yamaha, and HD...
Rode 125 miles to Bisbee AZ for the Car and Bike Show...
We got mo' attention than the entries!
Get home at 5 p.m. and my 12 YO Blue Healer is coughing and panting a dry pant...
Told the misses I would take him to the vet on Tuesday after Labor day...
Monday morning I get out bed, as he sleeps next to me, and he goes into the living room as normal...
I go out on the back patio to have a cup of coffee...
The wife gets up an finds my best friend past away in the living room...
That quick...
I go and lay next to him and bawl my heart out...

To top it off on Tuesday at my Doctor appt told me I have a blockage in the 55 yo ticker...
Tests in the next few days will determine what's next for me...

It appears my Dog Django died from heart failure...

Ironic...

I'll be OK, as I trust and pray....

Ride and live safe...

"Life is too short and eternity is forever"...

Allin...

Attachments

• DSCF0343.jpg
    DSCF0343.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0353.jpg
    DSCF0353.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0

LINDY

Two Stroke
Bummer Dude, Sorry to hear about your rough week.

Godspeed Django!!

And best wishes to mend your broken heart Allin.

rodburner

Rocker
Sorry about your friend. As for you,get the tests,but don't get all anxious and stuff.What ever they find will be fixable.We aren't our daddy's 55,we're high tech 55's. Pig valves,titanium,Cheerio's,and some angry masturbation do wonders for the old thumper. You're gonna be fine.

Skeeter

Rocker
ohh man flaco, im so sorry to hear bout you lose and worries. funny how silly dogs can become such a huge part of our lives. i move to sierra vista in 2 weeks and im not takin my pug with me. im gonna miss her more than some people out here in PA.

i hope the best for ya on the 'ol ticker. you have to take me around az on the trumpets and show me the cool stuff.

D9

Vendor
Flaco, sad to hear of the loss of Django... great picture of him next to the stripped down
Bonnie, looking into the camera, he appears to be quite a character and a good friend, and
will be missed.
Concerned to hear of heart blockage... far better to find out in a diagnostic than in the middle of the night... as Steve wrote, tech is on our side these days... fellow I work with
went in for exam, had one artery 100% blocked, yet still had very vague symptoms... he had a double bypass that night, went to florida on vacation barely 3 weeks later & is sitting on
the beach right now enjoying a sweet view, an ocean breeze, a cool drink and a good book... keep us posted.

hankmarx

750cc
My heart goes out to your pack ,Flaco. My three blue heelers will get an extra treat tonight in honor of Django.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Amazing how they wend their way into our hearts.

I had cardiac cathaterization (sp) about 7 years ago, after a heart attack. The thing that hurt the worse was my groin where they went in. The nurse shaving me was kinda cool. Embarrasing but cool.

The biggest thing for me was going to sleep and listening to my heart beating right after all that happened. That's kinda gone away.

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Sorry to hear your bad news week Allin. I remember when we lost our dog Oscar. He was just about 18 yrs old and every year was with us. I missed that dog more than most people.
I'm with everyone else on your ticker problems. Good news is they found something now before you had a heart attack or had more damage done. I hope for the best for you. Keep well.

Too bad that you lost a good friend. I am sure that both of you spent some wonderful times together. I am also sure that he was blessed to have owners who loved him so much. May we all be united when we meet at the Rainbow Bridge.
On another note. Please do what you need to do to take care of any problems that the doctors may find. We sometimes think that we are emortal but that is not true as we get older. We have to live smarter to live longer. I wish you a long and happy life and hope that things get better for you.

strokerlmt

Hey man.....tough week......sorry to hear about your best friend.....they really are the best of the best....take care of the ticker...we need you around as does your wife and family.
"Press on"
LMT

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Dude.

It'll be okay man. Maybe you should think about getting yourself a puppy - that would probably be the best medicine.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Sorry to hear about the loss, never good to lose a family member. Be glad they found it quick with the ole ticker. Rest up and enjoy what memories you got.

marthruxton

Two Stroke
So sorry about your loss Flaco. I have 4 best buddies and one of them is 14 years old, deaf, and in constant pain. Every morning I live with the fear of what happened to you.
My thoughts are with you.

I feel your pain Flaco. I had to have my 15 year old Stafford put down last year and still miss him. Wait a little then as another suggested, get a pup or adopt a dog from a shelter. Good luck for the ticker too - keep us posted.

Cheers,

Pikey.

simpson

TT Racer
Congrats on having a great dog. Condolences on having to say goodbye.

Every good man deserves a great dog.

To me, this speaks very well of you, Allin.

Cole (10 yr old lab) gets extra scratches in memorial of Django.

-simpson

Man!!!...sorry to hear about your dog. I've already dealt with losing one dog to heart failure (she lived for 16 years) and the dog I have now I hate to relive the day I had to put down my first.

Take care of yourself and your ticker.