My 2007 Bonneville crossed 30,000 miles yesterday night

Texas94fs

Hooligan
30,000 nice I'm at 24k on my 06 that I got new at the end of 07. Good on you, keep riding the hell outta her. I'd be wary about the surfboard though. may turn into a giant wind vane and cause issue.

mark66

TT Racer
Im trying find a way to combine 2 passions together...surfing and motorcycling. going to see if someone makes a surf rack for motorcycles.

Call the boys at OCC. I'm pretty sure they did a bike like that. :lol2:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Yep, I ride to work when it's not too hot-n-humid or rainy and when it's not too cold (I'll ride if it's above 40 F when I head in). I have a pretty awesome little backroad commute that I keep trying to make longer because it doesn't have enough turns in it! :)

Just about 15.8 MPP. Wow. That means I post roughly 3 times for every day I ride to work!

Today, however, is effing gorgeous here in Maryland, so the 'Lass and I are going to take a little spin to nowhere. Cheers gents!

TC_Dick

TT Racer
My excuse is that I have 2 other bikes, a truck and the pick of whatever I want from my bike rental shop. ;)

A lot of guys probably only get the time to ride at the weekends. Factor in that the unlucky Americans only get 2 weeks holidays/year as standard, plus a lot of people can't/won't ride in the winter, and you have your explanation for low mileages.

Cheers,

Pikey.

I'm at 17.9 PPM.. not too bad.

I do my best to commute whenever I can, it's a ~40mi round trip, but doing it on the bike can cut as much as 20 minutes each way off the trip. If it's over 50F with less than a 30% chance of rain, I'm on two wheels.

begenius

Scooter
17500kms from 2008

17500 kms for my lovely Thrux from dec 2007 -70/30 town/touriing
nothing ubnormal till now only a fuel petcock replaced for free .
other than that only oil/filter/sparks/grease and some usual mods.
the bike going rocksteady
:woot::cheers:

stock battery going for permanent retirement in a few weeks.
Great times till now!!!!

Eugene

Pete R

Banned
Im trying find a way to combine 2 passions together...surfing and motorcycling. going to see if someone makes a surf rack for motorcycles.

Call the boys at OCC. I'm pretty sure they did a bike like that. :lol2:

Why no build a little trailer. Years ago I remember seeing a bloke towing a plank behind his bike.

Lots of innovations in bike/trailer hitches since then - should be a piece of piss! :c

EDIT - Dang just saw the above post. Funny it being just above and all...

Last edited:

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Very true, but there's a surfspot I can go to taking nothing but surface streets, so I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

And I think I just found the solution:

http://www.surferpeg.com/

Thats awesome, though could prove to be a pain when you want to take the twisties home from the beach... on the bright side you would stay nice and warm riding in a wet suit :crazy:

Thats awesome, though could prove to be a pain when you want to take the twisties home from the beach... on the bright side you would stay nice and warm riding in a wet suit :crazy:

I ride ATGATT, so basically I would utilize my saddlebags and a nice sized backpack.

After a really good surf session, I'd have too much afterglow and be too chilled out to want to do twisty's...let alone be focused enough to get through the twisty's safely.