"see through" Bonneville farme

strokerlmt

Sweatmachine and Rodburner. Went for a nice ride up the coast yesterday. The bike is smooth, tracks well and takes the corners just a nicely as it ever did. I want to find a scale somewhere and weigh her with a full tank.

Carlos and a pack of Bonnevilles and Thruxtons are in town for their annual rally. Good to see all the dedicated Triumph riders again. Met up with two regulars Bonne owners Thursday evening....one with 92k and one with 120k on 02 bikes. Both still running solid.
Pictures when it is done.
LMT

Flaco

750cc
LMT,

Sorry bud,
Now your getting my opinion, like it or not...
Many bikes have had the motor / engine as a stressed member of the frame...
Why not yours?
Looks good and you've obviously done your research...
I like!
Just like when Steve drilled into his down tubes for his oil in frame...
It takes innovation to make a bike!

BTW, When you clean up the garage, look for that lower triple tree, I still need one...

Regards and keep up the good work!

Allin...

strokerlmt

LMT,

Sorry bud,
Now your getting my opinion, like it or not...
Many bikes have had the motor / engine as a stressed member of the frame...
Why not yours?
Looks good and you've obviously done your research...
I like!
Just like when Steve drilled into his down tubes for his oil in frame...
It takes innovation to make a bike!

BTW, When you clean up the garage, look for that lower triple tree, I still need one...

Regards and keep up the good work!

Allin...

Allin....what are you sorry about? Everyone can have an opinion. I called 2 guys in California that make new bonneville street and dirt trackers. For double rear shocks they use a stock frame and modify the front. For rear mono shock they completely redesign the frame. I kept the geom perfect on mine and I am very comfortable that I have a solid ride.
LMT
PS...is this what you need?

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

The end...............

I have to leave this thing the fuck alone now.

Thank-you Seth D9, you are the best. D9 retro brackets for the Smith's gauge faces and a key relocate bracket. Idiot lites in the bucket.

PS I saw this incredible powder coat copper color that gave me a woodieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attachments

• IMG_5914.jpg
    IMG_5914.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5917.jpg
    IMG_5917.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5919.jpg
    IMG_5919.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5921.jpg
    IMG_5921.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

strokerlmt

you too man, everyone has a right to an opinion !! :loser:

Sportyone.....just an FYI....BIKEEXIF had a neat post today about street trackers with twin rear shocks. The frame back bone and use of the engine as part of the stress circle is interesting.
LMT

strokerlmt

that was a custom scratch-built frame and swingarm.

Jeff, I know it is a custom frame. The point is that the back bone goes from the same rear points to the same front points with a front wish bone and no lower rails. It has 2 rear shocks, yes different swingarm but same geo. So the circle of strength uses the engine as a stress member which I have used with the modified stock true frame.
LMT