Wobbly's "on the road"!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Hi all,
Have been AWOL since July because Mrs.Wobbly and I have joined the "Grey Nomads" ......the "Geriatric Gypsys".
Not on a motorcycle, I'm sorry to say but in a 14 foot caravan towed with our Subaru Outback. Have travelled north from our home town of Newcastle thru north-west NSW into southern Queensland then on thru outback Qld to Northern Territory, up to Darwin then back down the full length of the Sturt Hwy to Adelaide taking in Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the opal fields of Coober Pedy.
Has been an AWESOME experience and it's not over yet. We've "free camped" wherever and whenever we could and are amazed at the number of other "Grey Nomads" touring the highways and byways of this incredible continent. We plan on returning home in mid January but not until we've toured Victoria and Tasmania.
We don't usually have mobile (cell phone) or broadband coverage in the remote areas of Australia but I have managed to start a blog with some pics of the areas we visited.
If anbody is interested, the link to the blog is

http://clarodsroadtrip2010.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
wobbly

Good on you mate. Got your PM and have sent return, you had a couple of us worried with your silence. I figure when you get home we won't be able to shut you up;).

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Wow, great pictures Rod. Those latest pics look a lot like Arizona. You must be missing your bike, man.

Best to Clare and keep posting!!!!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Good on you mate. Got your PM and have sent return, you had a couple of us worried with your silence. I figure when you get home we won't be able to shut you up;).

I don't want this to finish Kevin, might not go home, stay roaming forever. Be nice!

Wow, great pictures Rod. Those latest pics look a lot like Arizona. You must be missing your bike, man.

Best to Clare and keep posting!!!!

Missing her like you wouldn't believe Sal.
Clare sends best wishes to you and Julie and she wants to know when you guys are gonna journey downunder. Lots of goods pubs here too.

great pictures mate. thanks for sharing them .

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Did you ever get claustrophobia in the trailer?

Thanks guys, my pleasure.
Our van, or trailer as you call it, is surprisingly spacious and comfortable. Mind you, we are travelling light, no TV, satellite dishes or any of the mod cons you find in the big rigs. On the plus side, our fuel costs are low compared to the big Landcruisers and Patrols towing the big vans. We average 14 litres/100 kms compared to 25-30 litres/100 kms of the big guys.
We have discovered also that occasionally, we take a break from each other and spend a day doing our own thing, separately. An important strategy to maintain harmony in the camp.
We press on....onwards to Tasmania via the Great Ocean Road (a motorcycle rider's dream road) and Melbourne,Victoria.

fishonline

Scooter
Booked on the Spirit of Tassie on Nov 15. Hope to spend 7 weeks touring the island.

We should be able to cross paths in 7 weeks.....
A few of the boys and myself are doing a 4 day lap of the island this weekend.
The Speedmaster is about to get the cobwebs blown out of it!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
We should be able to cross paths in 7 weeks.....
A few of the boys and myself are doing a 4 day lap of the island this weekend.
The Speedmaster is about to get the cobwebs blown out of it!

Will attempt to "hook up" with you fishonline (sorry for the pun) once we get down there.

Cheers,
Wob

cynr1023

TT Racer
I thought it was "funny" that his name was "fishonline" and your avatar was little nemo and a shark. dumb, I know, but I found it funny.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
I thought it was "funny" that his name was "fishonline" and your avatar was little nemo and a shark. dumb, I know, but I found it funny.

I see you point. Wasn't intentional but we seem to have got into a fishy theme here. I'll have to scale it down.

Nick Morey

Rocker
...we seem to have got into a fishy theme here. I'll have to scale it down.

:lol:

Hi Rod, sounds like you Mrs. Wobbly are having a lot of fun travelling about. The pics look really great on your blog, the wife & I are envious (I'm kidding!). Sheila says to say hi to you and the Mrs., too!

:cheers: