Scooters, I just don't get them??

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
The Honda Trail 70!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was my very first motorcycle at five years old and I was way cooler on that thing than ALL you guys put together on your Trumpets!!!! I want that damn bike when I return!

JimmyR

Street Tracker
vespa-scooter-vintage.jpg

This photo is fantastic! Any clues as to where/when etc?

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Yeah I figured it was probably Italy,and '60s? But wouldn't it be cool to know more about who the guys were etc?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
+1 on that trail 70 Tang. My buddy has a trail 90 and bee bops around on the thing around his neighborhood on occasion. He has no less fun on that than I do on my Bonnie.

whyme

TT Racer
Hah!! I guarantee you HD would not be using the name Topper these days. I can think of at least 3 definitions that they would not want to be associated with.....or maybe they would...or should.

Demar

Two Stroke
+1 on that trail 70 Tang. My buddy has a trail 90 and bee bops around on the thing around his neighborhood on occasion. He has no less fun on that than I do on my Bonnie.

The good thing about that replica Trail 70 is that it has a 125cc engine in it.

dschief

750cc
Hah!! I guarantee you HD would not be using the name Topper these days. I can think of at least 3 definitions that they would not want to be associated with.....or maybe they would...or should.

Hot Shots, Topper Harley = Charlie Sheen. LMAO!

Demar

Two Stroke
I've decided that instead of a scooter I'm getting the Honda CRF250L

Attachments

• 2013-CRF250L.jpg
    2013-CRF250L.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0

d00dge

moped
When I was a kid, growing up in the UK in the 60's you were either a mod or a rocker. I was mod and rode one of these. It's a 1963 Lambretta TV 150. I recently sold this and regret it. But to me this is a scooter, not those twist and go thingys!

scootbike006.jpg

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
one of the mechanics in the shop, New England Cycles, early 70s, was a Sicilian, Mario.
he had a 175 Vespa with a sidecar.
he rode it to work and on weekends the entire family got on, in and around it and off they would go
but we had Subarus then with pull start cords too

Esteban

Scooter
BMW calls its scooters Urban Mobility Vehicles...my Triumph is a great ride but in stop and go traffic I can see how not having to clutch and change gears constantly is an advantage. Smaller wheels and less weight on scooters provide more nimble handling. New technology has improved performance and safety..some of those BMW's go freeway speeds. I've noticed an overall great increase in two wheeled vehicles in Austin, particularly scooters..for many they have become their main vehicle. I like this trend, and hopefully it will make us all more visible to the cagers.

rickg

moped
My take on scooters....

Never gave them much thought after I got into bikes around age 40. Then a riding buddy got into them after he started working for a scooter shop in Chicago after moving there around the same time I moved to Cleveland.

While visiting him he gave me a scooter tour of downtown Chicago including a couple of laps around Wrigley Field and a few red light to red light dashes while I giggled uncontrolably in my helmet. I got it after that ride. If you live in a cogested flat area there is no more fun to be had on 2 wheels than on a scooter.

A year later he was the dealer rep for Sym Scooters and arranged for me to buy a Fiddle II 125 at dealer cost. Though I am not as urban as my friend I do live in a very flat area along Lake Erie and it was the perfect neighborhood to neighborhood errand getter. But as a primarily Euro bike guy, I longed for something a bit more authentic and perhaps a bit more capable. Which brings me to my Vespa GTS 250 Super that I bought last fall.

So the Sym is up for sale and I am waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can go scootin' again.

Rick G

25262620_9rPvt6
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

Demar

Two Stroke
Seoul South Korea

Scooter Delivery

Attachments

• 753D6EC4482AB84217A080BAC89027_h316_w628_m5_cTzLRTwQs.jpg
    753D6EC4482AB84217A080BAC89027_h316_w628_m5_cTzLRTwQs.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I think if you went to Florence in Italy you would not be saying "Scooters? I don't get 'em." I have had more than a couple of friends become obsessed with getting the ultimate "beautiful Italian girl on a Vespa/Lambretta" pic while visiting Florence.

Where I live scooters are becoming more popular but I don't think our rodas suit scooters as well. Perth, Western Australia is a very car oriented city, much like most newer US cities. In Melbourne where you can park bikes and scooters on the footpath a scooter might make more sense.