Will EFI Thruxton headers fit a bonneville ?

sportyone

Street Tracker
Yes they certainly will, I've just done it !

yeap, just fitted a set of beautiful EFI Thruxton headers to my machine.

thanks to a good mate here is Australia. :)

And they fit up well with some slight mods to my Madaz silencers, but it wasn't not too hard.

firstly the overall pipes are larger in diameter, & perhaps slightly longer too !

the sound is more throaty, powerful & beautiful ! the engine feels smoother

and is more powerful & runs away very quickly.

I am so happy and just love burbling about again,

wonderful healing therapy.

so if you are recovering from some fairly major surgery, ( like I am )

go ride a triumph ! :headbang2:

Attachments

• NEW HEADERS.jpg
    NEW HEADERS.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 0

Bigted

Two Stroke
Yes they certainly will, I've just done it !

yeap, just fitted a set of beautiful EFI Thruxton headers to my machine.

thanks to a good mate here is Australia. :)

And they fit up well with some slight mods to my Madaz silencers, but it wasn't not too hard.

firstly the overall pipes are larger in diameter, & perhaps slightly longer too !

the sound is more throaty, powerful & beautiful ! the engine feels smoother

and is more powerful & runs away very quickly.

I am so happy and just love burbling about again,

wonderful healing therapy.

so if you are recovering from some fairly major surgery, ( like I am )

go ride a triumph ! :headbang2:

Beautiful 'Black' my friend. You're sure the Thruxton pipes have a larger diameter? ...they would have to be the same dia. at the head in order to fit right. I'm looking for a set myself, I have the same bike.
Ted

p.s. what bars do you have on the bike?

sportyone

Street Tracker
yeap, sure are ?

Beautiful 'Black' my friend. You're sure the Thruxton pipes have a larger diameter? ...they would have to be the same dia. at the head in order to fit right. I'm looking for a set myself, I have the same bike.
Ted

yep, the pipe diameter is larger, was in such a rush to fit them didn't look at the head end, but they fit up just as easy, they seem the same at the head ?

the bars are 2010 1" Thruxton bars with 1/2" risers to clear the tank ?

thanks for your comments mate :headbang2:

Easy13

Street Tracker
Ted

I have a set of 2010 Thrux headers on my '07 Bonneville. They mount right up, the pipe is still 1 1/2" at the head, but goes out to 1 3/4" diameter a couple inches out from the mounting flange. At the other end, they neck back down to 1 1/2" to mount the mufflers. Overall, a very nice look, and any Thrux mufflers will fit.
Cheers!

phil

Street Tracker
just for fun.. would you need to remap the computer ? that a pretty nice look would those headers fit on a 2010 bonne? just wondering mate...

Easy13

Street Tracker
just for fun.. would you need to remap the computer ? that a pretty nice look would those headers fit on a 2010 bonne? just wondering mate...

You'd have to change mufflers as well; Bonneville mufflers won't fit Thrux headers, so depending upon what mufflers you got, you may need a remap. If your 2010 is a T100, I'm sure Thrux headers would fit. I don't know about the SE...
Cheers

sportyone

Street Tracker

not sure but if you have a 2010 bonne EFI I would have thought they were to same given most EFI bikes have the longer pipe before the bend, don't they ??
:D

phil

Street Tracker
I'm not to sure if the pipes are the same length.. something a guy could look into. thanks for the info..

sportyone

Street Tracker
I'm not to sure if the pipes are the same length.. something a guy could look into. thanks for the info..

I have MADAZ mufflers on mine they fitted to the bonneville pipes no worries, & just needed a slight mod to the angle of the fixing brackets coming off the mufflers, to fit to the new Thruxton headers.

got to say, it was sure worth the change over ! :woot:

my son came down over Easter with his bike and we went for a few great rides.

one 350 klms through the back hills of Gippsland to Fish Creek & back through Archies Creek

mostly great winding roads through dairy farming countryside.

& Wednesday, a 200 klm run around the Mornington Peninsula from Frankston to Flinders to Cape Schank to Sorrento, Portsea &

back through Main Ridge & Red Hill to Mornington.

just fantastic.

back to the headers,

they have increased the power, by seat of the pants dyno, perhaps 5-6 HP & the flexibility of the bike is so good also.

The bonus is, I am now getting 240-245 klms from a tank before having to switch to reserve. ( my bike is a carby model )

it must be flowing so much better,

most of the rides have been fairly quick as the back roads are pretty quiet, so I am more than pleased with those results.

so guys with carb'ed models, if you want another mod that really does work, go get yourselves some 2010 Thruxton Headers !

Last edited: