Project Garage........

monty

Street Tracker
Kind words, Guys. Thank you. Plodding in with this now.

Matt, 100% with you on interior decor. Have a few things stashed away ready to go up.
Mrs Monty asked what the plan was, to be told by my 10yr old lad......" Old Skool".........That's my boy!!

Monty

monty

Street Tracker
monty-san, good morning from Japan!
I am enjoying very much to see the progress of your garage project. How does the motorcycle entrance look like? I can imagine so many ideas to build the garage of this scale!

Road Man,
Work in progress on the door. Will be metal shutter 2.6metres across. Electric with remote KeyFob.

Will post pictures as soon as fitted.

Monty

monty

Street Tracker
Matt,

One for the wall.....
3361d1202026877-does-anybody-remember-this-kawasaki-poster-from-the-70s-triumph-hot-pants-ad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

monty

Street Tracker
Thought as much, Matt. I have a large poster of a T160 Trident that I bought when I was 16. Used to hang on my bedroom wall. Now hanging on my lads wall but he wants it to go in the garage. Also got the map of the Isle of Man I bought over there in 1987, which is going up there.

Coming together now guys.

Many thanks for the technical support D9. Much appreciated.

Monty

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Don't forget about the Norton girls either! It seems this is steering off a little :lol:

I guess the two other items left off the list for interior design purposes would be the fridge to keep the cold ones handy and a kettle for a hot cuppa when the job isn't quite done yet but you need a break. Make sure to teach your boy how to center the clutch springs and run valve clearances. A lot of memories awaiting for you in that garage.

monty

Street Tracker
Can't wait Matt. However, progress will slow for a bit due to family stuff.
Arrived home from work tonight and couldn't leave without a few photos......
Nev the Bonnie in his new home.....

Monty

Attachments

• 2014-06-23 23.03.40.jpg
    2014-06-23 23.03.40.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-06-23 23.04.19.jpg
    2014-06-23 23.04.19.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Oh and the Norton girls popped in to say hello...

Attachments

• commando73_850.jpg
    commando73_850.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • $_3.jpg
    $_3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Thanks Doc.

Not much to report at the moment. New door should be in tomorrow. That will be it for a while. Next job will be the benches and shelves.

Oh and a bit of artwork........

Pictures of door to follow.

Month.

Attachments

• ADVERT+PAP+(16).jpg
    ADVERT+PAP+(16).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 0
  • tri-ad-best.jpg
    tri-ad-best.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
  • norton750_71.jpg
    norton750_71.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Oh and my personal favourite........

Bit off topic I know but................

Monty

Attachments

• 2014-06-26 19.25.02.jpg
    2014-06-26 19.25.02.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Sorry Guys been away on holiday fir the past threeweeks od so and have just got back this evening. The outside is done and I will post some photos showing the new door. Work will recommence on the inside shortly.

Monty

monty

Street Tracker
Not much to report guys. Since I have been back, work has interfered. However the new door is a godsend when arriving home late at night after my shift.
Hoping to start the inside this weekend with some wood work.

Updates to follow guys.

Monty.

Attachments

• 2014-07-30 15.14.21.jpg
    2014-07-30 15.14.21.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Hi Monty, nice work.
In my opinion, I would like to keep the vintage look of that garage as much as possible.
I like that old brick wall, and the floor. They combine with the look of the Bonnie, they are in the same atmosphera. I'm not sure about the door, it looks very functional, but I don't like how it looks, it looks too "new", but maybe the final result would be fine.

monty

Street Tracker
The door was a necessary evil I'm afraid. I wanted convenient access and security. I am happy to say i now have both, albeit at the expense of some aesthetic satisfaction.

The rest of the garage will evolve into an area that will allow me to tinker with the Bonnie in slightly old world surroundings, not too far away from the original garage.

I am hoping to make a start on benches and storage this weekend.

Monty

fender

Street Tracker
The door looks like a perfect canvas to have something unique painted on it. Have it weathered and paint a logo, flag or whatever on it.

images

monty

Street Tracker
Managed to do a bit today. Mrs Monty had worked nights so most of the day was with Monty Junior. However, picked up some wood and this evening managed best part of half a work bench.

Hopefully will continue tomorrow.

Monty.

Attachments

• 2014-08-02 21.02.46.jpg
    2014-08-02 21.02.46.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0