Project Garage........

Roger

Street Tracker
It's nice when it's as warm as pee I guess. Hope the rain lets up when you get your trusses.

And it's pissing down here as well. If the wife doesn't have anything for me to do, I have a new pair of Metzelers sitting in the basement. I might get time to mount and balance those today. Not a priority as the BattleAx's still have decent tread, but the sidewalls have a couple splits in them. Old rubber.

Roger

Street Tracker
Too late, I know, but one can put bars over the window. Many houses in Baltimore have not-unattractive bars on the first-floor windows.

I was thinking same thing. I have bars on the inside of my basement windows that release in an emergency.

monty

Street Tracker
Too late, I know, but one can put bars over the window. Many houses in Baltimore have not-unattractive bars on the first-floor windows.

Did think about that but decided against it. No I am happy without windows. My last garage was the same. Weather still not good here though yesterday was really nice. However no sign of the trusses........As soon as the roof is done then I will be a lot happier.

I have been planning the inside in the meantime. Can't wait to actually move in. Mrs Monty reckons I am more excited over this, than I was over the house.......Ridiculous suggestion.....

Monty

Roger

Street Tracker
She should be just as excited. Have you never once said that you might need to rebuild your engine on the dining table? Maybe that thought would put it into perspective for her :)

monty

Street Tracker
She should be just as excited. Have you never once said that you might need to rebuild your engine on the dining table? Maybe that thought would put it into perspective for her :)

Quite. But I have had a very difficult situation when Mrs Monty arrived home early to find a set of crankcases in the dish washer.....
Just when we got over that faux pas, I was caught with said crankcases in the oven, gently warming.....then she found the main bearings in the fridge........

Monty

strokerlmt

Ok…I can't show you the garage floors etc because I am in the middle of tryinggggg to get the engine back on the bike and everything is everywhere but here are part of the walls ;-)))
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_6623.JPG
    IMG_6623.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6624.JPG
    IMG_6624.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6625.JPG
    IMG_6625.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6626.JPG
    IMG_6626.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Nice artwork, LMT.
Must be great working surrounded by photos. Full of memories. That's what I want to do really. Create a space full of memories. A place to relax........oh and work on the bonnie.

Thanks for posting. Got me thinking now.

Monty

Roger

Street Tracker
Ok…I can't show you the garage floors etc because I am in the middle of tryinggggg to get the engine back on the bike and everything is everywhere but here are part of the walls ;-)))
LMT

That's cool. A door and walls full of VIP pics and some of your favourite things. There is history in that garage. Nice.
And as Monty says, it's about memories. Good to have a look around and see things like this when the bike has got you in a tough spot while working on it.

strokerlmt

Thx gents….it keeps growing…..my girls find boxes and boxes of photos etc and the wall keeps getting bigger ;-))))))
LMT

monty

Street Tracker
Progress continues and I will be posting some picture later on. Suffice to say the roof is going on after all new timbers and it is starting to look like a garage again.

Looking forward to this finally coming to an end. The electrician is booked for early next week and the door arrives by thursday.

I will keep the updates coming.

Monty

monty

Street Tracker
Quick update.

Electrics done as is roof. Took a while but we are getting there.
However, due to sheer incompetence, the new door us not ready and will be a week later than planned.

A couple of photos then.

Attachments

• 2014-06-20 14.29.23.jpg
    2014-06-20 14.29.23.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-06-20 14.30.01.jpg
    2014-06-20 14.30.01.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Thanks LMT.

I love the look of the bricks so am going to clean up the back wall as best I can. Blocks in the centre will be partially covered by boards to hang spanners, etc.
The back wall will be the main work bench, about 14 ft across, with shelving above and below.

Another bench will be home to a grinder and pillar drill.

Monty

monty

Street Tracker
Looking good Monty and I'm jealous!!!!

Thanks Matt. You will have yours in good time, I am sure of that.

You and the boys will have so much fun planning and equipping it.

Managed to get the side door fitted today. Very happy. It is coming together nicely.

Quick photo.

Attachments

• 2014-06-21 19.57.09.jpg
    2014-06-21 19.57.09.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
monty-san, good morning from Japan!
I am enjoying very much to see the progress of your garage project. How does the motorcycle entrance look like? I can imagine so many ideas to build the garage of this scale!

strokerlmt

Thanks LMT.

I love the look of the bricks so am going to clean up the back wall as best I can. Blocks in the centre will be partially covered by boards to hang spanners, etc.
The back wall will be the main work bench, about 14 ft across, with shelving above and below.

Another bench will be home to a grinder and pillar drill.

Monty

F ing A Monty…….cover the blocks up as you said, hang tools keep them classic bricks…..what a classy Bonne shack….press on ;-)))
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Road maps of adventures blazed, license plates and pictures of hot women (preferably on bikes) is what you need on an interior design perspective! You can throw up some Ogri too. Keep up the good work!

Roger

Street Tracker
Your garage has come together very nicely considering most of it is original brick. The electrics look good. Nice job on the new roof. Hope the new front doors get there soon enough. Thanks again for posting the pictures.