Project Garage........

strokerlmt

Managed to do a bit today. Mrs Monty had worked nights so most of the day was with Monty Junior. However, picked up some wood and this evening managed best part of half a work bench.

Hopefully will continue tomorrow.

Monty.

Mr. M……..nice work……."press on"….

LMT

monty

Street Tracker
Got the bulk of the bench done today in between family stuff.

I will chip away now as and when time allows. Really enjoying this side of the rebuild.

Still lots to do but plodding on.

Today's session was accompanied by music from Airbourne, Uriah Heep and AC/DC.

All in all a good day down at Montys.

Monty

Attachments

• 2014-08-03 18.15.26.jpg
    2014-08-03 18.15.26.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
The inside is looking good. Try to make it comfortable.
I will recommend to listen music from the British Invasion era (late 60's; America, The Zombies, The Dave Clark Five, etc) to get the inspiration for the vintage enviroment. And that music matches with the Bonnie ;)

Last edited:

monty

Street Tracker
Progress has slowed a bit but managed to get a couple of tool boards up today helped by my lad.

Monty.

Attachments

• 2014-08-10 22.22.02.jpg
    2014-08-10 22.22.02.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
That's pretty fantastic. Seems like everything is coming together. All the little touches will be great and you'll continually find stuff to do over time. Damn, makes me want to go set my garage up even more.

Good work! Keep it up!

monty

Street Tracker
Cheers Tex. It is taking longer than I thought , what with work and family.
I am really happy with it. Hopefully get all the tool storage sorted this week. I have a couple of jobs to do on the Bonnie and am looking forward to having everything to hand for the first time in ages.

Nice to see your troubles are behind you as well.

Rob

monty

Street Tracker
The garage continues to evolve. This is latest image. Starting to settle in now.
Have some jobs to do on the Bonnie so looking forward to some bike time soon.

Recent music in the garage has been courtesy of Buffalo Springfield, The Who and a little bit of Jimmy Barnes.

Monty

Attachments

• 2014-08-21 18.27.54.jpg
    2014-08-21 18.27.54.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0

fender

Street Tracker
The shop looks great. I like your choice of music :rocks: Might need to dig out and spin some Uriah Heap this evening.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Jimmy Barnes?? He gets around, doesn't he? :)

So jealous. I am lucky in that I have a garage, but mine is also a workplace - it's my studio and I need to be able to use it to take pictures. My band also rehearses in it! Very much a multi-function area. But I would LOVE a purpose built bike workshop with a drill press, metalwork lathe, bench grinder etc. Actually a vise would be handy.

I have a picture in my head of what my "dream garage" looks like, and you have elements of it in yours. Red brick walls with a wooden workbench are a big part of my dream. My (built only in my head) garage opens up to a courtyard where I can sit with a coffee or a cold one after working on the bike. One day...

monty

Street Tracker
Jimmy Barnes?? He gets around, doesn't he? :)

So jealous. I am lucky in that I have a garage, but mine is also a workplace - it's my studio and I need to be able to use it to take pictures. My band also rehearses in it! Very much a multi-function area. But I would LOVE a purpose built bike workshop with a drill press, metalwork lathe, bench grinder etc. Actually a vise would be handy.

I have a picture in my head of what my "dream garage" looks like, and you have elements of it in yours. Red brick walls with a wooden workbench are a big part of my dream. My (built only in my head) garage opens up to a courtyard where I can sit with a coffee or a cold one after working on the bike. One day...

Yeah Jimmy,

Barnsie and Cold Chisel have been a big part of my music since the late early eighties when my mate came back from Oz with a few Chisel albums.

Not to mention Airbourne, Rose Tattoo.....etc.

Get the missus involved with her Czech rock (Kabat....ace ! )and we are good to go

Nothing better than getting in the garage for some spannering to a good soundtrack.

Garage is starting to evolve nicely now.....ready for the winter and a couple of big jobs on the Bonnie.

Monty