Plastidip - 07 Bonnie with 2014 Scrambler Fenders - Whatcha think?

So the weather is finally here and I finally got around to putting Chris' (bluesforchallah) 2014 Scrambler fenders and Lucas tail light that I purchased from him. I knew i was going to paint the fenders to go with my theme, but wasnt sure exactly what i wanted to do... so... i gave the whole plastidip a chance to give me some cheap ideas. The stuff is pretty decent. I know its not a professional style paint, but gives it a bit of a rugged look, though. and for the cost and ease of application, Im pretty pleased with the turn out. Not sure if im going to stick with the brown stripe on the front fender or go with a silver, maybe even gold, application.

Fenders' Paint (standard black on rear and black w/ brown camo stripe on front fender.
2015-04-19%2B14.54.53.jpg

2015-04-19%2B14.55.16.jpg

Before pic of bike:
2014-11-15%2B15.49.52.jpg

Few after pics with fenders and tail light on, along with front signals to match (dont mind my garage's mess... im spring cleaning it)

2015-04-19%2B19.16.42.jpg

2015-04-19%2B19.16.32.jpg

2015-04-19%2B19.15.10.jpg

2015-04-19%2B19.15.23.jpg

2015-04-19%2B19.15.42.jpg

2015-04-19%2B19.14.27.jpg

2015-04-19%2B19.14.00.jpg

Looks much better with the shorter fenders, me thinks. Brown, gold or silver, either way, it looks great. Though nothing says class more than gold on black. ;)

Well done, brother.

Last edited:
Thanks, Chris. Yeah i think i might peel off the front fender and try again with gold at some point. Im going over some ideas with the side panels, too. The stuff is kinda fun to work with. My bike is now my canvas...ha.
I agree, though - your fenders on my bike really help properly shape her into a naughty looking Bonnie. I found myself just sitting down with a beer staring at her for some time in my garage, not doing anything else that i should have been doing.

Cheers! :beer:

Roger

Street Tracker
I like the idea of the plastidip to test colour ideas out. Hope you find the colour combos you like.

Though nothing says class more than gold on black. ;)

Well done, brother.

I will agree on the gold but I also like a bright yellow. Yellow stripe with a thin pinstripe on each side. Just my thought.

Roger

Street Tracker
The stuff is kinda fun to work with. My bike is now my canvas...ha.

Might have to try this out on some parts myself.

I agree, though - your fenders on my bike really help properly shape her into a naughty looking Bonnie. I found myself just sitting down with a beer staring at her for some time in my garage, not doing anything else that i should have been doing.

Cheers! :beer:

Ya, I've done that. Sit there... beer... Jack Daniels chaser. Sometimes you get some really good ideas and then some not so good ideas.

rkwfxd

Scooter
I like it. I see bikes with a brown seat and no other brown and I just cant get into that. The brown stripes on your fenders really tie everything in. As mentioned above, gold might do the same.