<--- Newbie

DIRK

750cc
if ya remove the ai keep everything!!!! there is legislation on the table to start "testing" bikes in 12. gongrats on stepping up to a triumph. if you go with a long term loan 72 mos or longer you will be screwed if you decide to trade in 3 yrs to a newer bike. so if you opt for it make doubles when ever you can. also for that long of a term you should consider gap ins. again if you bin the bike with 5 yrs left on the loan you are screwed. you have 5.9% to finance the bike so now if a great time to jump in. keep the scooter and don't give anthone a fly he's a git

Closest I ever got to owning a scooter was when I joined this site for the first 50 or so posts! But in UK at 16 I had to start on a moped! A Vespa would have been my choice over that anyday lol
I honestly see nothing wrong with anyone buying a bike for a style. Hell I think to an extent we all do. But I do think you should just get a bike first. New or 2nd hand, (but I would go latter, rather than borrowing) and dont mod it at all. Just get used to it and enjoy, as it is not a scooter and though handles superb is again not similar to the handling of a scooter. I would never wish anyone to have an accident even my ex wife! But do ride safe and take it all slowly including mods.
Welcome to the best place for Bons around

wolfie

Two Stroke
Yup. If style weren't a concern, I'd be riding an SV650. The looks of the bike had a major role in my choice whether I want to admit it or not.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Carbs vs. EFI?? Well, both do the job. With any pipes mods or performance mods you usually have to re-jet the carbs,... with EFI you have to remap. EFI was put on the bikes more for EPA standards than anything else.

simpson

TT Racer
IMHO If you are looking to ride your bike instead of wrenching on it, I would suggest that you seriously consider getting the fuel-injected version.

Riding is more fun to me, and right out of the box, Triumph makes a fun, adequately performing machine with soul and style to spare.

Either way you go, you'll win.

-simpson

p.s. and you'll never worry about the payments when you're riding!

Insterereo

Two Stroke
thanks for all the replies guys. im leaning more and more towards just goin for it. and, the kind of guy i am, i would never sell or mod the bonny anyway. i would want to keep in great condition and pass on to my son or something. that being said, id most likely buy new...mostly for sentimental reasons. ever seen the movie Gran Torino? if you have youll understand what im saying.

but, from this forum, now i know not to worry about the AI or the efi v. carb.

thanks again. maybe sometime soon ill be posting pics of me on this

Attachments

• triumphbonnevillet100.jpg
    triumphbonnevillet100.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0

anthone

Scooter
Wow! Three whole posts, and you're already trying to run off newbs and pick fights. Way to endear yourself to the community.

wolfie, bite me. hahaaha. dont act like youve never called a poser out...
nothing wrong with a little humor either. so ::OOMPH:: (pelvic thrust)

Insterereo

Two Stroke
i think anthone thinks he's on a world of warcraft forum.
poser? we all started somewhere, asshole. this is a great place to begin.
minus you.

anthone

Scooter
men VS. boy

WHOA.

Hi, my name is Anthone and i ALSO am a NEW RIDER.
i just want to say sorry for all the bullshit on this thread.
i have a younger brother and hes going through that phase i guess where everyone is fake or something...? i dont know.

anyway, my fault for leaving a full blown forum open to a kid still growing up.

as far as the insults slung my way for admiring the classic motorcycles that steve mcqueen and james dean sported and really gave Triumphs the spotlight-ill chalk that up to two people playing toughguy online i guess? ? ? everyone has their first mental image of what drew them to a particular motorcycle and that was mine. apparently grown men can still really get their panties in a twist by the stupid words of a smartass kid, but i understand the circumstances.

BUT, since i never got to answer to the original thread question; heres my two cents:

Stereo, i did the SAME exact thing when it comes to triumphs, and these forums have literally answered all my questions or concerns i have had. there is a video on an AI removal process and i think i still have the link. PM me if you need it.
i also landed with a bonneville T100 after originally wanting a standard bonneville. i paid in cash so that REALLY helped with my negotiating, so if thats available to you, DO IT. but only mention it AFTER you have gone as far as you can negotiating your deal with financing in mind.

it is as basic and easy as any other bike i would presume. it handles wonderfully, isnt real aggressive unless you want it to be, and you can GUN IT if you ever need to.
if you have gravitated towards this motorcycle then that should be enough for you to stick with it. its exactly as i did. the pros outweigh all the cons, and im pretty picky and i couldnt find anything that would sway my judgement when it came to buying. come to think of it, there really arent any cons...
maybe get a small flyscreen because the wind can be annoying but thats not really a con, its a preference.

ill be sure to kick my brother in his fukcing mouth in his sleep for all of you. LOL.

Threewheelbonni

Two Stroke
WHOA.

Hi, my name is Anthone and i ALSO am a NEW RIDER.
i just want to say sorry for all the bullshit on this thread.
i have a younger brother and hes going through that phase i guess where everyone is fake or something...? i dont know.

anyway, my fault for leaving a full blown forum open to a kid still growing up.

as far as the insults slung my way for admiring the classic motorcycles that steve mcqueen and james dean sported and really gave Triumphs the spotlight-ill chalk that up to two people playing toughguy online i guess? ? ? everyone has their first mental image of what drew them to a particular motorcycle and that was mine. apparently grown men can still really get their panties in a twist by the stupid words of a smartass kid, but i understand the circumstances.

BUT, since i never got to answer to the original thread question; heres my two cents:

Stereo, i did the SAME exact thing when it comes to triumphs, and these forums have literally answered all my questions or concerns i have had. there is a video on an AI removal process and i think i still have the link. PM me if you need it.
i also landed with a bonneville T100 after originally wanting a standard bonneville. i paid in cash so that REALLY helped with my negotiating, so if thats available to you, DO IT. but only mention it AFTER you have gone as far as you can negotiating your deal with financing in mind.

it is as basic and easy as any other bike i would presume. it handles wonderfully, isnt real aggressive unless you want it to be, and you can GUN IT if you ever need to.
if you have gravitated towards this motorcycle then that should be enough for you to stick with it. its exactly as i did. the pros outweigh all the cons, and im pretty picky and i couldnt find anything that would sway my judgement when it came to buying. come to think of it, there really arent any cons...
maybe get a small flyscreen because the wind can be annoying but thats not really a con, its a preference.

ill be sure to kick my brother in his fukcing mouth in his sleep for all of you. LOL.

No, I'm Anthone....:lol2:

Kids will be kids eh!

Andy

anthone

Scooter
LOL.

kids unfortunately WILL be kids...
its amazing how my brother can make me so proud and i think hes ahead of his years and then ten minutes later i want to kill him.

i dont look forward to parent hood. lol.

Insterereo

Two Stroke
well anthone, that'd explain a lot. sorry about the "asshole" thing. one of my biggest pet peeves is elitists =/ especially on a NEW rider forum *shrug

anthone

Scooter
no we are enemies to the death! lol.

naw man no apologies. i would probably do the same thing! im the bonehead for leaving my gear open.

yeah, theres no one way to ride or feel, other than safe and easygoing, so im with you on your opinion.

but hey man, if you have any more questions for bonnies, lemme know cuz i went crazy on information before i bought too.

hope you buy soon! when r u planning on buying btw??

koifarm

Hooligan
I STILL think MZart is lurking in the background. I can only hope the Dude has a looksee at these two, or one, split personalities. Somehow it smacks of good cop/bad cop routine, I'm keeping tongue in cheek on this one.:huh::popcorn::popcorn2:

anthone

Scooter
koifarm, what year is that bonneville you have on your profile? did the old bonnevilles really have the wiring exposed like that?
i love that look. when did trimph stop making the tanks that size?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Anyways....

Welcome.

You could pick yourself up a used carb'ed Bonneville for some easy $$$, and more than not the AI will be done, so you won't have to worry about it.