New water cooled Bonneville spotted

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Sorry if this has already been posted but I thought this was pretty cool.

A very different bike. It's hard to tell what the displacement is but it does appear a bit bigger than the 865. It's water cooled, dual disc up front and what appear to be wider tires.

2016-triumph-bonneville-spied-6-1.jpg

2016-triumph-bonneville-spied-1-1.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/30/triumph-bonneville-prototype-liquid-cooled-spy-shots/#image-6

First for me to see. Maybe that's the direction they are going to go with the Modern Classic lineup? (I'm hoping not)

Clyde12

Scooter
I think I remember reading that it was an 1100. I know water cooled is technically the way to go, but I'm not liking that big honking' radiator.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
I like the "no kink" exhaust. Yeah the radiator looks stupid, but so does the oil one our the current bikes. 1100cc would be a blast...

Motley

750cc
Either the test rider is a really short guy, or that new bike is much bigger than the current modern classics. I'm hoping it's the latter.

That's gotta be a false gas filler cap on that thing!

strokerlmt

I like the bike. Not the rad. And why can't Triumph put decent rear shocks and head light brackets on their machines :)
LMT

Clyde12

Scooter
I like the bike. Not the rad. And why can't Triumph put decent rear shocks and head light brackets on their machines :)
LMT

It looks like they go out of their way to make ugly headlight brackets... and while we're on it, who decided that it was a good place for the ignition switch?

D9

Vendor
Clyde, I'm not seeing the ignition on the left headlamp bracket anymore - Triumph
may have finally moved it topside for the new bike. Instruments sure look nice and compact.
picture.php

Last edited:

Clyde12

Scooter
Clyde, I'm not seeing the ignition on the left headlamp bracket anymore - Triumph
may have finally moved it topside for the new bike. Instruments sure look nice and compact.
picture.php

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I didn't notice that. Nice pickup, D9.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Not fond of the ugly ass radiator. Keeping my thruxton for sure.

It'll be nice for there to be a supply of dual disk front hubs and fork lowers, though, since thunderbird sport front end parts are as rare as hen's teeth and require changing out to 43mm stanchions. Pretty much says it all when I'm parting out the machine before it even hits the street! Did I say that I'm not fond of the radiator? Yep. Thought so.

Cheers,

--Rich

normandy

Street Tracker
I hate the look of a square/rectangle shaped rad up front on any bike including the Bird, Rocket and this one. I think I could live with it if it followed the down tube shape and blended in or was underneath some how. I do understand and appreciate the value of liquid cooling however.

D9

Vendor
Agreed... the radiator is pretty awful... but it's the only pretty awful in
the mix. Bike looks closer in overall stance in some ways to the Classic Bonnies.
Wonder if the aftermarket will come up with more attractive version of the radiator... although
may be an $$ part to produce...

D9

Vendor
Early photos may not be showing the final radiator... sure hope not anyway.
If any part looks stuck on and unsorted, that's it.
Perhaps they'll manage to integrate the rad more like this - 'tween the tubes looks better than in front of.
2006-kawasaki-vulcan-500--8_800x0w.jpg

strokerlmt

Educate me group. Why even water cooled. I have never had an issue with my small Gately oil coolers even in 110 degree desert temps. One of our original members, "Rodburner" was the first person I know of to put the oil "through a new bonne" frame and had no issues as well.
LMT