Good Night Irene

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Sorry to hear you guys are copping a hiding from Irene. Aussies are thinking of you and hope you all come through unscathed.

Stay dry guys!

The Wobb.

9mmMike

Scooter
Rode the Scrambler into work today. Crossed two creeks with no issues. The only detour was a closed road from a fallen tree. I almost went around the barriers (would have been so easy) but chose a nice windy leisurely detour instead. When I got here, I found that a gal with whom I work got a 220.00 fine for going around those same barriers. The keeping-america-safe-revenue-generators were waiting at the top of the hill.
It is a beautiful day today - mid-seventies, blue sky. Crazy.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
So I'm surfing thru the channels and hit ESPN2 which has the U.S. open on, which is in Flushing Meadows. Sunny skies and in the 80s so NYC dodged the Bullet. Vermont on the other hand...

bdavanza

Street Tracker
I'm not a cop hater but how does this really help anyone? If you know your vehicle can maneuver safely around an obstacle, why should it matter? If you fail, it's your ass calling a tow truck. There are many other things they could be working on like vehicle theft, for instance.
-Ben

Rode the Scrambler into work today. Crossed two creeks with no issues. The only detour was a closed road from a fallen tree. I almost went around the barriers (would have been so easy) but chose a nice windy leisurely detour instead. When I got here, I found that a gal with whom I work got a 220.00 fine for going around those same barriers. The keeping-america-safe-revenue-generators were waiting at the top of the hill.
It is a beautiful day today - mid-seventies, blue sky. Crazy.

mark66

TT Racer
Lost power @ 4am Sunday and still none. Trying to keep up with my cell phone but this sucks. Trees down all around us, at least I've got a generator.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Trees down all around us, at least I've got a generator.

+10,000!

I've been totting a generator from continent to continent for the last 17 years and I can't tell you how many times someone asked me what the hell I am doing with that thing and why do I lug something like that all around when we are limited on our shipping weights to begin with. Then Tomodachi hit last March and the country lost power. Worth it's wait in gold! It is one of those things that you are certainly glad you have it when the time comes that you need it!

koifarm

Hooligan
+10,000!

I've been totting a generator from continent to continent for the last 17 years and I can't tell you how many times someone asked me what the hell I am doing with that thing and why do I lug something like that all around when we are limited on our shipping weights to begin with. Then Tomodachi hit last March and the country lost power. Worth it's wait in gold! It is one of those things that you are certainly glad you have it when the time comes that you need it!

True for sure, have two just in case.....:beer:

whyme

TT Racer
I finally decided to track down a generator yesterday...no power since Saturday night. Got one at Grainger....Loud as hell!!! But we have power now. Pretty bad in my part of NJ