neuroboy's bike shopping adventure

jphickory

Banned
Hold your cash and don't buy anything now. Just forget about bikes for awhile and maybe in a couple months come back to the idea and see how you feel. I wouldn't start shopping until you intuitively know what you want. For whatever reason, you are not at that point now. Just my .02

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Without a test ride, or at least a test sit, there is no way to tell. When your legs are crammed up on those rearsets and you are hunched forward you may feel differently.

KingBear

Hooligan
Hold your cash and don't buy anything now. Just forget about bikes for awhile and maybe in a couple months come back to the idea and see how you feel. I wouldn't start shopping until you intuitively know what you want. For whatever reason, you are not at that point now. Just my .02

That's damn good advice. If you have to seek out a bike that speaks to you, then obviously you haven't found the right one. For me, I know it the moment I see it and nothing else will do. I obsessed over the Bonnie for oer a year and a half before buying and I haven't regretted it for a moment.

Plus once Fall turns into Winter you're more likely to find a better deal.

strokerlmt

I have had 66 Honda 350, 69 Bonneville, 74 Honda 350, 76 Elsinora, 03 Bonne, 69 Norton, 04 BMW.....all gone except the 03 and I keep coming back to that bike. Course I am a sick person. For the type of riding you do I would bet you would sell the BMW or ST in a year.
LMT

neuroboy

750cc
Street Triple R. It sounds like that's really what you want. Just do it!

yeah, i've had my eye on that for a while. . . i want a change even if i don't keep it forever. the R is a tough one to find used though and I have no intention of spending $10K on a bike.

coming from the bonnie, i think the regs Streetie will be plenty of bike. sh!t, just having dual disks up front and using two fingers instead of three would be a big deal.

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I would really appreciate better suspension. With the hurricanes and snowstorms the roads ain't getting any better in the Northeast. I hit a pothole so hard the other day the whole bike shook. I knew something was going to happen, and sure enough one of the bolts flew out of my headlight bucket

coming from the bonnie, i think the regs Streetie will be plenty of bike. sh!t, just having dual disks up front and using two fingers instead of three would be a big deal.

It will definitely be a big difference. I still have my Bonnie, but almost a year ago I picked up a 2005 Yamaha FZ1. It's a huge difference from the Bonnie. Jap 4 cyl, huge power, huge brakes, great handling, etc, but the Bonnie is still lots of fun, no doubt. I think you would be really happy with a regular Street 3. You can't go wrong!

neuroboy

750cc
i'm checking it out on saturday. i'm gonna grab cash and if the bike is sound i'll waste no time.

so. . . he's selling for $7500. . . i saw another in Provi for $6100. . . i was considering splitting the diff and making an opening salvo of $6800. thoughts?

mark66

TT Racer
Hey Neuro, have you checked out National Powersports up near Concord NH? It's not to far from you. Go online and check them out.

neuroboy

750cc
pics of the Streetie i'm checking out tomorrow. . . he's asking $7500. is that reasonable or is that more the price of an R?

RGp2Fl.jpg

FZSYwl.jpg

Cr1xsl.jpg

i would really like to walk away with this one.