My New/used bonnie, 7 mods in 7 days

coopv2

Street Tracker
Dyno Run

Got down to the dyno room this morning,
After fitting up the stock air box with restrictor plate removed, Uni filter, and dual inlet (right side venturi added does bugga all) as the left side inlet is suppyling more than enough air, to feed the next restriction in line(inlet manifolds, carb bore, cam )
Anyway, removed the stock 40/110 combo. fitted a 42/130 to start with.
the idle mix was at 2.1/4 turns out and was running at 12.2:1 which was a little rich, and even wound all the way in, did not hit 13.5:1 which I would say could go back to the 40 pilot. but left it at 1.1/2 turns out on the rich side.
1 shim on the needle was a little rich in the mid range, but ok as it kept the curve nice.
130 main was too big running about 12.:1 air fuel up the top revs, so I ended up fitting the 125 main that came with the airbox kit. and it picked up the top HP and smoothed the curve out nice.
Final road test showed a noticeable strong pull all the way to 8000rpm, and I am happy with that for now.
picture.php

coopv2

Street Tracker
modded helmet

off topic, here is my modded helmet. beg bitches, if you want more shots.
picture.php

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
hi Ace, just used the tip of a small needle file, wrapped in tape to form a grip, and scratched by hand for more than 20 hours.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
I'm with you on the 3 spoke wheels in most cases. I'm glad you like my bike, you have good taste (for the most part ;)) and I appreciate your compliments. Thanks again.

If the wheels are cheap, available, and easy enough to fit (and un-fit :D) then I say go for it! I'm glad you are open to the opinions of armchair quarterbacks like myself.

Nice one, ever since I saw this bike posted on the forum, I have wondered what can I sell besides my arse, to get enough cash to buy a second trumpy and race it up, Im sure you would like to see that happen, as its in my blood too.
picture.php

sportyone

Street Tracker
hi Ace, just used the tip of a small needle file, wrapped in tape to form a grip, and scratched by hand for more than 20 hours.
picture.php

picture.php

nice art man, that looks like my girlfriend on that helmet ! hehehe :)

hey any more thoughts on the side cover vents or scoop,
something neat and classic looking ? :headbang2:

coopv2

Street Tracker
vents

Thats your girlfriend for sure, she was up here on a Gold Coast holiday, last year and asked me not to tell you about here job as a pole dancer.
And on a more serious note, I did think about the vents some more. Classic would have been a hole with mesh behind, function would have been a raised scoop and a curved deflection plate to redirect air into the filter. I have a dual opening air box mod, so that would force feed fresh air in...but I think the single hole gets more than enough to feed the stock carbs.
I guess very small scoop sitting level to the outside surface, and not protruding past the front edge, (picture the corner cut from a small box) with an oblong oval hole???