My new ride.

Saw a guy in Boston's North End riding this bike today. It was just like the boss' here, except he had italian flags stickered all over it... yuck. I'm Italian, so don't take offense fellow guidos, it's just a lot of us have really bad taste.

Congrats Dude on the new CB - looks beautiful and here's wishing you many, many happy and trouble free miles. Co-incidentally, I picked up "Bike" magazine last month on my annual UK trip and it had a comparison test between the CB1100 and a Bonnie SE. I scanned the mag and tried to upload it here but it's too big as an attachment. I've loaded it on Rapidshare but if anyone has any better ways to view it, then great.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2890089554/CB and Bonnie compo.pdf

Cheers,

Pikey.

Hedge

American Infidel
My man - are you still digging this Bike? I grew up on a pair of CB750F's and this really reminds me of them. I found one in Ohio with zero miles for $9200 and then while shopping at my local dealership found a Black one with zero miles but they want the retail price. I told them about the one in Ohio and asked them if they could match and they said maybe. Should I pull the trigger on this? :crazy:

D9

Vendor
Interesting read, thx for posting... our beloved Hinckleys definitely look outpowered by all
in this group, still wonder how they would've stacked up...

YO HEDGE! Good to see a post from you, sorry to hear the bike is not well...

beemerrich

Street Tracker

Interesting read, thx for posting... our beloved Hinckleys definitely look outpowered by all
in this group, still wonder how they would've stacked up...

Looks to me the honda could use a new ignitor to keep it out of its limiter and some suspension upgrades...a bit porky at nearly 550 lbs, though. So I would add at least a grand to whatever cost comes with this bike. Seems like it would have some nice long legs and would be 'nice' for longer street rides/light naked touring.

Every bike in that comparison was 1100 ccs or bigger, so its hard to even begin to compare their performance to our 865 cc machines. In my book, there's nearly $3K difference in price from the cheapest in that group to our machine. I can do some great upgrades for $3K and have a bike that weighs 100+ lbs. less and makes within 10 HP of the honda. If you can get the Honda for $9,200, though, then it makes good sense as a longer legged option to a bonnie.

Cheers,

--Rich

Mark

750cc
I was interested in Bonafide's thoughts but I guess he's out riding :wazzup:

Last edited:

Hedge

American Infidel
OK Fellas - I can get a 2014 with zero miles in Black for $9000 walk-away. Should I pull the trigger? Dude - where are you?

drlapo

Hooligan
i saw the 2015 model in NYC on Saturday
it's a good looking bike with the dual exhaust and shiny wheels
really nice paint

drlapo

Hooligan
Honda has always made a good bike so mechanically its fine
I did not like the 69 model; I crashed one

if you like it "emotionaly" then go for it, but never speak to us agian