mods vs rockers

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
522348_10150819659495518_1079838877_n.jpg

Hey Mike Dirnt! :rock:
Those Green Day dudes are always around the East Bay in their hot rods or bikes. Cool guys too.

Flaco

750cc
dress up??? I've been wearing the same Barbour jacket for almost 40 years
Wow! You too! Me too! The same Excelled jacket I had back in 1973 dawned for my '65 TR5! 40 years later and I still fit into it! Put's me in the class of never got fat posser's... (Hence "Flaco")
You know who to f_ck off, ugh, by their posts... (!)
Ride, wrench and repeat and who cares what you wear or what you ride...
Sorry, my blood is boiling, if you catch my drift...
:poke:

henrys

Street Tracker
dress up??? I've been wearing the same Barbour jacket for almost 40 years

Some of the guys go into 50-60's mode with clothes, hair styles, etc for just the event. Not for me but who cares - the events are a blast.

Last edited:
Some of the guys go into 50-60's mode with clothes, hair styles, etc for just the event. Not for me but who cares - the events are a blast.

Yeah, I enjoy the events, but I can't get past the hilariously tragic irony of dudes playing dress up in rocker gear talking shit about Harley riders dressing like pirates. They're all the same, just different.

I wear the same clothes and gear for riding my Bonnie or my FZ1. I have a friend with a Ducati and a Harley. He has gear for each bike. Full leathers and full face for the Ducati. Jeans, a black t-shirt, and a half helmet for the Harley. I don't get it.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Those posers!! When are they ever going to grow out of that fad thing and finally grow up!! It's time their parents take them to the side and teach them a thing or two about responsibility!!!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Yeah, I enjoy the events, but I can't get past the hilariously tragic irony of dudes playing dress up in rocker gear talking shit about Harley riders dressing like pirates. They're all the same, just different.

Last time you said you didn't even go to the events. CT Rockers... let's see... I believe at least one or two of them ride H-D's. They don't talk shit about any other bikes or groups, they actually talk about all the old bikes they're constantly tinkering with and rebuilding. I'm a fan. A bunch of straight shooters, through and through. Well except for this one cat named Dennis.....

:)

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
BlueJ,

Harleys owners don't talk about other bikes for the same reason Bud Light drinkers don't talk about other beers.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Maybe they are doing this to pay tribute, or maybe they have been doing this for 20+ years as a lifestyle or perhaps they just like having a good time?

Since when does everyone have to conform to one person's idea of what is acceptable?

mikenva

Rocker

I wear the same clothes and gear for riding my Bonnie or my FZ1. I have a friend with a Ducati and a Harley. He has gear for each bike. Full leathers and full face for the Ducati. Jeans, a black t-shirt, and a half helmet for the Harley. I don't get it.
I agree dressing up is just stupid.You are right allso about the same rocker guys talking bad about hd guys.I know lots of nice guys that ride Hd bikes.What cant for the life of me figure is why a kid born and rased in the USA would get into the rocker dress up thing,I could understand a brit kid doing it.Its there history.
A poser is someone that trys to look like what hes not in my book.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
You guys disparaging the rockers are talking more shit about Harleys then they do. Just went to the Rockers Reunion in CT, at one point there were a couple hundred folks there, >150 bikes (about 1/3 Triumph),.including a few Harleys, nobody gave anybody any shit.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
BlueJ,

Harleys owners don't talk about other bikes for the same reason Bud Light drinkers don't talk about other beers.

Sal, its the Rockers that I said don't talk smack about other bikes, not HD riders. Some of the rockers even have HD. But probably older and definitely modded.

LoVel

Two Stroke
Who here doesn't dress up when they ride. I wear my leather jacket anytime possible because damnit I look cool in it. I will also wear my leather riding pants for the same reason.

You put on your tee shirt, jeans and sneakers or your aerostitch suit. It's all the same.

Sweat, I bet you think you look soo damn cool when you ride you can hardly stand yourself.

drlapo

Hooligan
I was at the reunion on Sunday with my 40+ year old Barbour jacket
and they did'nt give me any sh-t about my 30 yer old BMW