MC registration fees for your state

whyme

TT Racer
Just wondering what other states are charging to register a MC.

Here in NJ it's now $65!!...bend over!! I registered my little 90cc Honda...$65! I need to find out how much a ticket is for no registration. We do not have anymore plate registration stickers so I may take a chance since I ride it so little. It was $32 last year and I think $28 the year before...bastards!!

Greyfox2

Scooter
The shithole, Massachusetts is $25 plus an annual excise tax which is determined by the value of the bike.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I don't know, but if I want to ride my bike I'll pay it like we all will. There's a new flat fee here in Colorado for bridge repair of $25 a year. The thing that pisses me off is is living in one of four counties that have emission testing. Mind you they have vans that park on the on ramps and if you go by one of them they will pass you automatically while you're on the fly so to speak. There's a site that tells you where they will be if you want to drive by one.

Just one problem. The contractor at the emission station also runs the vans and he parks em so he can make the $25 fee for going thru the smog process.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I am about to pay $250 for registration to keep my bike on the road over here in Japan and that is only for two years and then I will have to go through all testing/fees again. The bike also has to be brought back to stock as they run tests on it to include decibel testing. If that fails, then the registration is yanked and the bike is no longer street legal. My buddy failed his inspection because he put on an after market bar that was wider than the stock bar which the inspector caught when they took the tape measure out and started measuring things off. Seriously guys...you don't know how good you have it when it comes to registering a vehicle for the road. I used to think the same way until I left the states and started loving overseas.

loxpump

Rocker
I am about to pay $250 for registration to keep my bike on the road over here in Japan and that is only for two years and then I will have to go through all testing/fees again. The bike also has to be brought back to stock as they run tests on it to include decibel testing. If that fails, then the registration is yanked and the bike is no longer street legal. My buddy failed his inspection because he put on an after market bar that was wider than the stock bar which the inspector caught when they took the tape measure out and started measuring things off. Seriously guys...you don't know how good you have it when it comes to registering a vehicle for the road. I used to think the same way until I left the states and started loving overseas.

I do know how good we have it. No safety inspections, emission tests, not ever a helmet law. Let freedom ring.

whyme

TT Racer
Bikes just went to no inspection for us...no more plate reg. sticker either. I doubt I'll be registering my little 90cc for $65 a year and 5-10 rides a year at the most.....

So if there are less people needed to inspect now, why did the fees double?? MV fees are easy marks for tax revenue...they seem to slip them in and nobody complains.