Chrome front fender

cycleddie

Scooter
I'm looking for advice about getting a chrome front fender in the most cost effective way. I have a 2003 t100 (blue and white) and I love the look of a chrome front (and rear) fender. I've considered buying a new or used one, sending out my blue one to get Chromed, using one of those Chrome spray paints on my fender, etc. I'd really appreciate any words of wisdom anyone can offer me. Thanks!!

mikenva

Rocker
Watch ebay buy one chromed they make the front in chrome.The rear you would have to get it chromed.

mark66

TT Racer
If you go the route of having the rear fender done I've used New England Chrome Plating in East Hartford for parts on the BSA's.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I have one in chrome not because I wanted chrome, but I wanted steel. Same, same for the side covers. I now have steel ones in the garage. It's a much heavier gauge of steel than the rear fender. Watch Ebay. One comes up cheap from time to time.

Also, I'd recommend chrome plating the rear fender vs chrome paint.

I have a new set of tins that I'm going to get painted and wanted to do away with the plastic front fender and plastic side panels. I just buy on Ebay when a good deal comes up. Paint will be the last mod I do, but I'm always on the look out for deals.

Kappy

Two Stroke
I would rather get both pieces chrome plated. Find a good one in your neighborhood.
That's what I usually when I restore my old bikes. If you do not want that hustle check eBay until you will find the fender. But I guess that could take a long time -:)

cycleddie

Scooter
Thanks for all the ideas guys! I'm definitely NOT doing the chrome paint. Watch ebay, this forum for used or chrome plate my existing fenders seems like my two best options.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I've considered buying a new or used one, sending out my blue one to get Chromed, using one of those Chrome spray paints on my fender, etc.

This method of "chrome plating" is always funny to look at wherever you encounter it. :shh: :lol3:
I've come to expect to see it on the she~ite that's been made in china. :loser:

I'd vote for REAL CHROME, always, but that's just the way I roll.
:cheers:

Kappy

Two Stroke
Stars&Bars : Chrome plating is the process called of applying chrome to a piece of metal, as an example. I am not sure what you mean with real chrome ? Is there a difference?
cycleddie:
I am not sure whether you will achieve the same finish with those chrome sprays of yours? My opinion, do it right and as said it'll look great. Forget the spraying