Latest News From Triumph

Caveman

Scooter
Be interested enough to test ride it. Looks like it will be out before Xmas. Not sure about this belt drive bungy cord thingy!!

koifarm

Hooligan
Triumph has airfreighted three of them to daytona for bike week at the Triumph trailer. I'm headed down wednesday and will take pics and a test ride If possible and will issue a full report thursday.

Iceseven

750cc
Yeah just not into that either. Too bad they didn't just up the motor size in the Speedmaster/America bikes since those bikes look good already.

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
When I read the first post I got very excited then quickly disappointed. Couldn't agree more with Sweat. Stupid move by Triumph, in my opinion. I was hoping for a different 'bird altogether!
800px-Triumph_Thunderbird_900.JPG

I wish more detail from the Thunderbird would have been passed down to the Bonneville. Nice curved headers for one!

Instead we get this giant ugly piece of shit:
2010_Triumph_thunderbird_1600.jpg

Last edited:
Not in to these type of cruisers BUT

I disagree with most of you lol. I dont think its ugly at all. And I also reckon there will be a big market from people that dont want a Harley but want a classic bike of that style, but better. The only thing I was surprised about was that they called it a Thunderbird, when they had already released one earlier that was totally different. Anyway as I said, not my sort of bike and never has been, but interested to see how it will be received.

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
I think the baseline looks like shit too, but its better than that Thunderbird (not really)
What the hell is going on at Triumph HQ? I figured their next move would be to the 500cc range...something more economical but still fast, fun, and attractive. I know many friends who are looking for just that, and all they have to choose from is a Buell blast and some kind of Vulcan I think. One of my buddies wanted a new Honda 250 Hawk (believe me, I pleaded with him) and had to buy ones used because there was a waiting list in his city.

I've been waiting for something cool for that crowd of riders, and was hoping Triumph would step up to the plate. Guess not.

drlapo

Hooligan
now I want an older Thunderbird
I dodn't think that you will see a 500cc Triumph
Suzuki just stopped importing their 500 air cooled twin as they could not give them away
I've had a a 2006 Kawasaki 500 sitting in my basement for almost 2 years, no one is interested in a "chick bike"
they sell them in Europe but not in America

Carnation

Street Tracker
Why do they need a lighter more powerful Bonnie? It's a niche market bike with no direct competition.

Gretsch

Rocker
I do not like it in a hat. I do not like it with a cat. I do not like it with a bird. I do not like the Thunder-turd.

MikeZenArt

Banned
Cause I think it would expand their market. The bonne is beautiful bike and the only choice if you don't want to ride on something that looks like a nike sneaker or a big ass Harley. But performance i think everyone craves. I'd be willing to pay a couple of thousand more for it if it was lighter and More HP. The name says performance now if only it were faster.

Carnation

Street Tracker
Cause I think it would expand their market. The bonne is beautiful bike and the only choice if you don't want to ride on something that looks like a nike sneaker or a big ass Harley. But performance i think everyone craves. I'd be willing to pay a couple of thousand more for it if it was lighter and More HP. The name says performance now if only it were faster.

I guess Triumph don't think so. If they did they would have made it lighter and more powerful in the first place. But then it might draw sales away from the Street Triple, which is lighter and more powerful anyway.

MikeZenArt

Banned
Why do they need a lighter more powerful Bonnie? It's a niche market bike with no direct competition.

Cause I think it would expand their market. There is def a new attitude towards motorcycles coming up soon. People are tired of the attitude/macho that is contributed to motorcycles. And the performance bikes are too trendy/ futuristic. A Modern classic is timeless and timeless is in - look at what Ducati is doing. But common...performance thats what it's all about, just the name alone stands for performance (bonneville). A lot of people moving over to Bonne come from sport bikes. Why should't the bonne keep up with the 600s. Lets bring them back to the salt flats!