Latest News From Triumph

MikeZenArt

Banned
they are making about 104hp... lets get the bonne up to 85-90 make it lighter and its good to go. That would be good enough. There is a post somewhere on this site where Someone got 114hp out of there bonne...shit load of mods though.

MikeZenArt

Banned
And we don't have to compete, just give the bonne a bit more balls, up the fun factor. But I'm sure Triumph wouldn't be interested in anything that cost any more $$ thses days. Prehaps someday.

T

tattooedcouple

I love all triumphs..it's going to be a harley eater..should run around a 12 flat quarter mile stock

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
I love all triumphs..it's going to be a harley eater..should run around a 12 flat quarter mile stock
It looks like its eaten enough as it is. Put that thing on a diet.

I'm all about loyalty, as along as its earned. So if triumph stuck two wheels on an elephant turd and called it a motorcyle would you like that too, just cause it's got a Triumph decal on the poopoo primary??

Thunderturd is right.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
It's gotta be worth a test ride and then we can all tell Triumph what we would have wanted it to be.....a smaller lighter 500cc bike with tons of horsepower?

Uh I think we'll all keep our Bonnies.:banana:

T

tattooedcouple

It looks like its eaten enough as it is. Put that thing on a diet.

I'm all about loyalty, as along as its earned. So if triumph stuck two wheels on an elephant turd and called it a motorcyle would you like that too, just cause it's got a Triumph decal on the poopoo primary??

Thunderturd is right.

:lame:that a bit much...anyways.. I like the big twin ,dressed up with saddle bags two..

slowgator

750cc
Teaser

Be interested enough to test ride it. Looks like it will be out before Xmas. Not sure about this belt drive bungy cord thingy!!

I was able to get on one at Daytona but it was a tease as there was not one available to ride. It felt...different... unlike a Bonny but somewhat intrigueing. I would definitely ride one given the chance. They will sell.

n613344746_2215508_5000900.jpg

MikeZenArt

Banned
Not good... Triumph is gonna loose it's respect. Stop trying to look like a Harley it's like bowing their heads in defeat. Must be a pretty good market for people without any taste.

slowgator

750cc
Different Strokes...

Not good... Triumph is gonna loose it's respect. Stop trying to look like a Harley it's like bowing their heads in defeat. Must be a pretty good market for people without any taste.

Well we all have different tastes, eh? Personally, I am not a "cruiser" fan either, but Triumph did their homework and knows there are a LOT of cruiser fans here in the USA, so I'd be surprised if they didn't sell well.

Also, I don't think most folks will diss Triumph for trying to provide a product that is obviously in demand. Triumph has a wide array or models to choose from to meet our needs. I'm OK and you're OK. It's a big world out there and room enough for the new Thunderbird, IMHO. Think "win-win"! :cheers:

Ulysses AGM SHOW

Got first view and chance to sit on the new Thunderbird. As I said before its not my style of bike but I did like the feel and it certainly was attracting a lot of attention. Also saw the SE, which again I dont particularly like but sure will be a good seller. Had to take pics of these beauties. The bike had been shipped over for this show and one in Queensland.

Attachments

• Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0

Nick Morey

Rocker
You got it right slowgator. I'm sure Triumph knows what they're doing marketwise. It surely isn't anything that will take away from the Bonneville market (as attested to by previous posts here), but the appeal of the Bonnie isn't straight flat roads that stretch on for far too long.

Last year I spent a lot of day's riding to and from work with a Harley rider (Sportster with highway pegs) he asked me, "what do you do to get over all the bumps in the road?" Well I just stand on the pegs a little to get my ass off the seat. Poor dude has to just sit there and take it. But he does look cool sittin' back there with his legs splayed out there like he was home in his recliner. Until the next bump comes he can't get around.

Like they say different strokes for different folks and their sure a lot of cruisers up here even in the northern Tundra. Triumph will never crack the diehard Harley people but there are new riders born everyday and with so many long flat (boring) roads that seem to stretch on forever.... well, you do the math.

Last edited:
T

tattooedcouple

my america has never seen a long boring road...ummmm ,must be a harley thing..

ivar

TT Racer
Not quite my cup of tea either - but I bet it would look much better if Rodburner could get his hands (and welding torch/angle grinder) on one :D

Zansongs

moped
I was in the dealer last week and when I asked when they were getting the Thunderbird. the salesman laughed and said "I wish I knew, people are driving me crazy asking" It may not be everyones thing but it seems to be generating a lot of interest