I killed her...

jewel

Scooter
..so per the phone conversation last Thursday, they were supposed to bring the bike to me by this past Tuesday. It's now Thursday again and i haven't seen the bike. Is it worth more if it is missing?:yawn: We still haven't come to an agreement on a $$ amount either. So here i am with no bike, no money, and no idea when this bullshit will be settled. I believe i will be looking for another insurance company when this is over...

Did you pay extra in your insurance to receive your bike back? In Australia if the bikes a right-off you don't get it back unless you pay extra in your insurance. other than that you just get a payout of market value or an agreed amount whichever is the lesser, which never made sense to me as they would always give you the lesser amount and you pay more to have a higher agreed amount.

Jewel

mrt202

Street Tracker
I have agreed to buy it back from the insurance company for $560.00, regardless of the final settlement . I'd be a fool not to.

Bigted

Two Stroke
More info

Sorry about your accident...at least you didn't become a statistic....you didn't mention how it happened??
(as for owing $50 K...ouch! there must be an awful lot of outstanding doctor/hospital bills in the US)
I had a kidney operation a few years back and was told that it would have cost over $100 K in the US.)
Ted

mrt202

Street Tracker
July 4th morning- absolutely gorgeous morning in the Smoky Mountains- we were cruising (@25mph) up 28 towards Deals Gap, admiring the scenery. I didn't notice the 10mph curve sign that was on my right because i was looking at the lake to the left. By the time i realized we were heading into a decreasing radius turn, it was too late to make the curve. I got on the brakes HARD and as soon as the front wheel touched the yellow line between the lanes, we were slammed to the ground and slid into/under the guardrail.:eeek:

mrt202

Street Tracker
How is the healing coming along? Any plans for a bike in the future?
I finally got enough parts together to get her going again. Put about 250 miles on her this weekend, the last 75 in the rain from Brevard and down Caesars Head. Something is tweaked in the front end but she's running great. It's Nice to be back in the saddle!

Two months now and still no insurance $$

Last edited:
I just saw this thread (don't check out the cruiser forums much). I just wanted to both give my condolences for your injury and frustrations, and my congradulations for your son being healthy and getting your bike back together.

Hang in there man!

Geoh3

Scooter
I finally got enough parts together to get her going again. Put about 250 miles on her this weekend, the last 75 in the rain from Brevard and down Caesars Head. Something is tweaked in the front end but she's running great. It's Nice to be back in the saddle!

Two months now and still no insurance $$

Sorry to hear about the insurance bullshit your having to deal with. I'm real glad to hear that you've healed up enough to get back in the saddle. Not to mention the fact that the America is back on the road!

I was up 178 heading to 276 but turned back at the gas station by the French Broad river due to weather. I found some nice roads near 178 and Six and Twenty Road on my way back home.

tg8058

Scooter
couple of bandaids and a lick of paint and the old girl will be fine!!!!! My brother was taking me to school when I was 8 and we came off in the wet and slid a good 30yds alond the bitumen....made a mess of my school shorts, ankles, knees, hips, shoulder..you get the idea*s*!!! As soon as possible I got my bike licence and been riding since.....hope your boy still gets the thrill!!!

Last edited: