how to spend my money?

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
gonna be in VA this week
86 degrees on Wednesday
56 in CT
+1 for VA

In VA the Shenandoah Valley has a great and fairly moderate climate for being in the east. It is a good spot, check it out if you have time. Just stay away from northern va, it's crazy up there, and full of idiots.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
here is a fun question
I shoud be able to retire comfortably in 12 months if Obama does not destroy the economy or take away all our rights before then

I have a 1985 BMW R80, 1979 T140, 1972 BSA B50,2005 Thruxton, 2011 Tiger 800, 07 Mazda MX5, 2001, Ford F150
so I don't need any more vehicles

should I continue to work and amass more $ (for my heirs?) or should I retire and figure out how to enjoy life?
I've worked since I was 8
I'm not married and the kids have finally left the house so its my money
and my life
but what do I do with it??
:d

I hope you have take the right decision.
If I were you, I would retire, and enjoy the rest of my life.

Here a translation of something I got on an email:
By Quino- Argentinian Comic writer

Life should go backwards!

It should begin with one dying, that way you get over that shock.
Later on you wake up in a Nursing Home, getting better and better every day.
Later, they throw you out of the nursing home because you are too well, and the first thing you do is collect your pension. Later, on your first day of work they give you a gold watch!
You work 40 years until you are young enough to enjoy your retirement from the labor force. Then you go from party to party, drinking, having sex; you have no big problems and you prepare to begin your studies. Later you start school, playing with your friends with no obligations until you are a baby. And the last 9 months you spend floating tranquilly, with central heat, room service, etc. And at the end...you abandon this world in a huge orgasm!!

drlapo

Hooligan
no decision yet
I'm looking at a place to move to: Texas, Tenn, Kentuckey, Arizona???
it has to be a red State; liberals piss me off

Life should go backwards!

It should begin with one dying, that way you get over that shock.
Later on you wake up in a Nursing Home, getting better and better every day.
Later, they throw you out of the nursing home because you are too well, and the first thing you do is collect your pension. Later, on your first day of work they give you a gold watch!
You work 40 years until you are young enough to enjoy your retirement from the labor force. Then you go from party to party, drinking, having sex; you have no big problems and you prepare to begin your studies. Later you start school, playing with your friends with no obligations until you are a baby. And the last 9 months you spend floating tranquilly, with central heat, room service, etc. And at the end...you abandon this world in a huge orgasm!!

Shit. Now I'm just depressed.

whyme

TT Racer
yeah yeah...red state...solid red too...no about to change blue state...those states limit fun activities that you can do in your retirement.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
no decision yet
I'm looking at a place to move to: Texas, Tenn, Kentuckey, Arizona??? it has to be a red State; liberals piss me off

I didn't know that AZ was a red state. With sonoma and other bastions of liberal thought, I would have sworn it was an even split. Ya wouldn't want to be pissed off 1/2 the time ya know...

If you pick either TN or KY, then you can save a lot of $$ on dental work. Not sure how they feel about teeth in TX, but my guess is that they are highly valued due to their sheer love of meat. I live in MI and, despite being a red state for the moment (red gov. & both houses of the legislature), it is only a matter of time before it goes back to blue since - with a super majority - the politicians are doing their best to reward their supporters at the expense of everyone else. In a manner similar to TX, we like teeth.

Enjoy your retirement. Personally, I'm on the 'work til you die' plan, so I'm happy for anyone who can escape that fate...

Cheers,

--Rich

innominate

Street Tracker
retirement at 55 is very seldom possible here in the US
I am looking forward to leaving Connecticut; a corrupt state run by cowards and morons

Tx has it's fair share of morons. Austin is liberalish but the state is red. They like to think they are green, progressive, forward thinking here. From what I've seen it's more talk than walk. Austin is close to good roads and good bbq. We're in a drought so many sunny days to ride. Come join the rest of California and move to Texas.

innominate

Street Tracker
One of my nieces has lived on the big island for the last 8 yrs. Don't think she is ever moving back to the mainland.

Come and check out Northern Thailand! You may want to reconsider your options after a visit - good infrastructure, lots of expats and fricking awesome riding!

Whatever you decide, I hope when you look back, it was the right decision for you. ATB.

Cheers,

Pikey.

drlapo

Hooligan
a friend told me that one of his life's greatest moments was in Thailand
he remembers running into the streets shouting "ITS A BOY, ITS A BOY!"
that the last time he will go to a Thai brothel

a friend told me that one of his life's greatest moments was in Thailand
he remembers running into the streets shouting "ITS A BOY, ITS A BOY!"
that the last time he will go to a Thai brothel

Ha ha ha! That reminds me of the time I was sitting on a bus in Bangkok opposite this absolutely stunning, drop-dead gorgeous chick. She was wearing a really tight top and a very short skirt. I kept thinking to myself "don't get a hardon, don't get a hardon". But she did....... :lol3:

Cheers,

Pikey.