Antique Triumph Motorcycle $150

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
This is funny - wonder what it is...in my local classifieds for $150

3n23m53p15O45U55R4b4m8894fabdb1541546.jpg

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Man, its got signal lights and looks like an oil in frame which means its got to be no older than 1971! If I'm right that must have been in the Hudson for the last 20 years. :eeek:

Easy13

Street Tracker
It's an OIF (Oil In Frame) and it's got history. Those fork tubes are too long for stock, there's what looks like an aftermarket fork brace and those highrise elkhorn bars were the cat's ass back in the day. It may be the camera perspective, but the shocks look a bit short for OEM Girdlers, so maybe we got a home-brewed choppa here.

Aside from that, it looks like a first-class money pit. The frame looks salvagable and maybe some other parts, but unless you've got a shop with a couple more partsbikes, this'uns gonna cost a ton and a half before it'll pull a ton again.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Let see. For $150 you can take the cases off, bead blast em and sell them as wall ornaments for $50. Clean the wheels up and sell em for $50, so you'd only lose $50 that way. Well, maybe you could sell the pistons as ash trays for $10 each, but nobody smokes anymore.

Then find a junk metal artist and sell the rest for $50. Did I mention $50 too much here?

Kframe

Street Tracker
That's the kind of thing those pickers guys would buy to sell to a TGIFridays to hang on the wall.

That one is waaay past being streetable again. :T

whyme

TT Racer
yeah...I like it too. But my wife ruined it for me when she mentioned how annoying Mike's laugh was....NOW I notice it every time. They really do find some cool crap and it's amazing how the get all the crazy people to sell their stuff....hard to do.

I eyed a 74 CB550 leaning against a tree at a dumpy house. My Dad tracked the guy down twice. Both times he was drunk and said he'd take 1k because everyone wants it....it's still there rotting away in the rain.

Kframe

Street Tracker
yeah...I like it too. But my wife ruined it for me when she mentioned how annoying Mike's laugh was....NOW I notice it every time. They really do find some cool crap and it's amazing how the get all the crazy people to sell their stuff....hard to do.

I eyed a 74 CB550 leaning against a tree at a dumpy house. My Dad tracked the guy down twice. Both times he was drunk and said he'd take 1k because everyone wants it....it's still there rotting away in the rain.

There's the laugh, and the two handed wrist-grab handshake, but other than that it's a decent show.
It's always amazing to see the amount of stuff people have amassed over decades - plus the fact that they can remember which pile the ignition coils for the Model A are in! :up:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
whyme,

I know. A few years ago I found a mint KZ750 for sale by a mobile home.... someone had obviously cherished this bike in a garage.... a guy in the trailer park had bought it on ebay, couldn't start it because it had no battery and he was kicking it..... and lost interest... He couldn't get his shit together enough to order a replacement title. I offered to pay for the title, pay for the bike, whatever.

But he was a crack head and just couldn't do it... a few months later I saw it on CL for $200. No title.

whyme

TT Racer
Sal-
It's almost a crime what these jerks do with old classics. I keep looking though. I also have my Dad on the look out- good hobby for a retired person.

The real talent is to get all of the crazy people to part with their junk. They should combine the Pickers and Hoarders shows....that would be interesting.

Kframe

Street Tracker
Sal-
It's almost a crime what these jerks do with old classics. I keep looking though. I also have my Dad on the look out- good hobby for a retired person.

The real talent is to get all of the crazy people to part with their junk. They should combine the Pickers and Hoarders shows....that would be interesting.

My wife said the same thing!!! :lol:

KingBear

Hooligan
What a piece o' shit. This appeared on on the Western Maryland Craigslist last month and it is NOT a piece of shit... "BSA 1968 441 victor shooting star reduced - $2750" The thing looks like new, all original except the battery. Won't post a link out of respect for the rules, but you should go to CL and see it, it's gorgeous.

Anyone got $2,800 I can borrow?