Happy Father's Day to me!

Well, maybe not Father's Day, because that wasn't even on my mind when I plunked down my deposit about 5 months ago for a 2012 Triumph Steve McQueen that I picked up this weekend:

IMG_6484.jpg

I'm generally a Honda/Harley guy, but when an ad for the McQueen caught my eye as I thumbed through a copy of Cycle World, I knew I just had to have one. After all, who doesn't want to be like Steve McQueen? (Ummm ... when he was alive, that is.) This one is number 435 out of 1100 produced worldwide.

I'm new to Triumphs, but have a feeling this may be the beginning of a new love affair.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Congrats on your new ride and you will find out how addictive these Trumpets are. I have owned Harleys before as well but they simply don't stack up to my Bonnie. Enjoy your new ride!

irishrider60

Scooter
Congratulations!

Looks great! Based on the background it looks like you purchased it from Libby's in New Haven, CT. Best of luck with the new ride!

Okay, so I've learned a few things already in only 2 responses: These are called "trumpets," eh? (I like being up on the lingo); and, Irishrider60 knows his dealerships! Yes, I made the trek from Middletown, New York, to pick up the McQueen in at Libby's in New Haven. My buddy is going even farther next week---to St. Louis---to pick up his McQueen. We called hundreds on dealerships to find one.

Thanks for your kind comments!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Okay, so I've learned a few things already in only 2 responses: These are called "trumpets," eh? (I like being up on the lingo);

Back in the VERY early Coventry days, Triumph's badge was one of those long trumpets...the kind used to formally start a fox hunt. I believe it was this badge that the Triumph in front of the globe replaced. That is where I believe the slang Trumpets came for them. Good to see another HV'er in here...I was born and raised in Newburgh but my old man did a lot of work in Middletown.

Z

Zita

Great looking bike !!

Make sure to get a matching helmet, you don't want to dissapoint Steve King of Cool, do you??

Enjoy !!

Ha! Thank you! Speaking of the King of Cool, when I registered the bike I paid a few bucks extra for a personalized license plate that reads "HILTS," as in Virgil Hilts, the irreverent POW played by Steve McQueen in The Great Escape.
I should have it in the mail any day now.

Thank you for the kind words. This is a great forum!

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Ha! Thank you! Speaking of the King of Cool, when I registered the bike I paid a few bucks extra for a personalized license plate that reads "HILTS," as in Virgil Hilts, the irreverent POW played by Steve McQueen in The Great Escape.
I should have it in the mail any day now.

Thank you for the kind words. This is a great forum!

I am not a big fan of personalised plates because most of the time they don't really mean that much to any one else but the owner but that is really cool plate for the bike......well thought, now wait and see how many people get it, you may be surprised.

AceT100

Rocker
Looks good, you will love it....

Like the plate too....mine reads "UK BIKER" so even if I sell the Bonnie (yeah right) I can still use my plate...as I am English