904 project begins

ozbonnie

Scooter
Today my 904 kit installation began.
I wont publish pics as they have been shown many times before.
The barrels are set to get bored and pressed on Monday.

My question is...what else should I do while the motor is apart?

BTW at 80573 kms the motor looks like new inside.

DIRK

750cc
clean stuff, polish things, spend time staring, mouth agape at the craftsmanship whilst enjoying darkly brewed beverages.

ozbonnie

Scooter
don't drop anything down into the motor.

That is more of a what not to do :)

Sweat, yours was the first 904 project that I saw presented on the forums when I joined up. Years later I finally try to emulate...the rest of your mods I won't try to copy though:worthy:

ozbonnie

Scooter
clean stuff, polish things, spend time staring, mouth agape at the craftsmanship whilst enjoying darkly brewed beverages.

It is amazing to see the internals and get a better understanding of how it all goes together.
I change the oil every 5 thousand km's and the piston and barrels look like new.

ozbonnie

Scooter
Speedy back on the road....running in currently.
Lapped the valves and replaced the seals and did a general clean up.
Currently working on building a battery relocation bracket so I can install pods.

Big run tomorrow so I should get a good feel for any improvement.

Currently running 135/40 jets
K&N filter in stock box sans snorkel
Madaz pipes

Last edited:

ozbonnie

Scooter
update

The bike is running really well...airbox has been cut up and procom ignitor installed. I am working on a pod install but pods alone are $190 here in Aus.

I find that I reach my limit before the bike does...being a cruiser style it is hard to stay on over 170kmh .. and I dont want a screen.

a.jpg

b.jpg

b2-1.jpg

Cichlid865

Scooter
Hey there, fi you haven't already got pods, let me know - I've got a brand new set of UNI's (VERY tight fit) & a set of K&N's that have done around 15,000.00klms - just fitted FCR's so no longer need them...

ozbonnie

Scooter
Hey there, fi you haven't already got pods, let me know - I've got a brand new set of UNI's (VERY tight fit) & a set of K&N's that have done around 15,000.00klms - just fitted FCR's so no longer need them...

I looked up your profile but I can't pm you yet.
Where are you based?
Are you running the FCR's with just the stacks?

Yes I am interested in talking about the pods.

The UNI's are very tight....as in connecting to the carbs?

Cichlid865

Scooter
In Mudgee NSW - Running Uni's, bigger than the 36mm carb's - They cam with the kit.
Fairly tight squeeze the RHS filter fouls a fair bit - Doubt if you could use K&N's - have seen them on Bonnie'/Thruxtons etc. with the 59's.

As I said before - you're welcome to the K&N's - A friend wants the Uni's

I'll PM you see if it works???

Cichlid865

Scooter
No worries;

Seems fair enough - I'll take a photo of the filters & post. They are not perfect - the centre bolt that holds the newspeedmaster air box removal kit fouls slightly on the inside of each side - to follow

Cichlid865

Scooter
As previous - Photos of condition - LHS is LHS filter looking at the photo;

Appears to suffer more than the RHS -

Attachments

• DSC00344.jpg
    DSC00344.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00343.jpg
    DSC00343.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00342.jpg
    DSC00342.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00345.jpg
    DSC00345.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 0

ozbonnie

Scooter
Thanks for the pics. I assume the damage is cosmetic and not perforations.
You need to make a few more posts before we can pm.
I am happy to strike a deal with you.

Where did you get the fcr's, local or shipped in?

Last edited:

Cichlid865

Scooter
Yeah, only cosmetic - They're no good to me now either way happy to hand them on - My Girlfriend brought them from Triumph Performance - USA; Be careful if you buy from any US dealers - once you hit $1000.00 you have to pay duties etc... Cost me an extra $340.00 on top of what she paid for the carb's.

ozbonnie

Scooter
I still can't pm you so here is my email address
I would be happy to take them off your hands.

Last edited: