gel seat

I think it's just black. I have the gel seat and it's as black as I need it. I'm not entirely sure though. I suspect whatever picture you're seeing is just lighter than another.

MattRat

TT Racer
just remember if you live somewhere where you park outside for any period of time in the sun, your ass will cook when you get on.

Rocker

Two Stroke
I have the Scrambler gel seat, like MattRat said it'll cook your butt when left in the sun. Comfy though. Don't know if it's the same deal with the Bonnie gel seat but the cover on the Scrambler seat is much grippier, depending on what pants you wear it can be a little grabby when trying to move your body weight around.

I have a Thruxton gel seat on my Bonneville. It is a lot more comfortable. Compaired to stock seat. Little different shape also.

Last edited:

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I have a scrambler gel seat on my bonnie and it is much more comfortable than the regular seat or the solo seat. I have also tried the K&Q seat and the Corbin gunfighter & lady and my legs are too long for either of those. Only problem with the scrambler gel seat is that I think it is ugly. A friend was visiting the other day and he thought it looked cool.

It has not been too hot for me and I live in S. Texas.

+1 on the Thruxton gel seat. I found it REALLY cheap at www.madss.com. When I bought it was less than $200.00 shipped.

If you go to Third Reich site www.triumphrat.net, search the thread titled "Will a Thruxton Gel Seat fit on a Bonneville" posted by me. You'll see the responses.

BlackBonNYC

Two Stroke
Edit: apparently the contemporary seat is just like stock and not gel. So I can't give you an analysis of that. But for comfort I will recommend the single seat below which is way more comfortable than stock

The single seat is a lot more comfortable than the contemporary seat. I would run the single seat all the time if i could but sometimes I put the thrux seat on when I need to carry a passenger.

single seat

68_singleseat.jpg

Last edited:

slowgator

750cc
tooblekain;72579search the thread titled "Will a Thruxton Gel Seat fit on a Bonneville" posted by me. You'll see the responses.[/QUOTE said:
From the pic posted, it obviously will, but are any mods needed? Save us a search.:yawn:

BlackBonNYC

Two Stroke
The contemporary seats come with regular padding for the most part.

but the contemporary seat must be different than stock because it comes in black also. Wouldn't the black one be identical to the stock thruxton seat in appearance? Therefore the comfort must be greater or else they would have no reason to sell it.

below is the contemporary seat in black, isn't that exactly what the stock thrux seat looks like without the cowl?

ACC_723_IMG1_A.jpg

Last edited:
The Thruxton gel will fit the Bonneville with no modifications. Identical mounting pattern. BlackBonNYC how can you compare seat comfort if you are not sure if the seat is gel or not? Apples and oranges man.

Here we go again:

Stock Thruxton seat = Black "Contemporary seat" (which comes in black, brown, and black/grey)

The Contemporary seat also happens to come in a Gel variation, which is softer than the regular contemporary seat and thruxton stock. I have only seen the gel variety in Black.

They all fit thruxtons and bonnevilles.

slowgator

750cc
After reading this thread, still not sure if the gel seat is worth the extra $$$. What's the consensus? Since I live in the Sunshine state, I do park quite often in the sun and I'm hearing it's hot and can fry the family jewels? Has anyone tried using a bead mat or anything else to deal with this problem?