Day in/out Boot Recs

Trebo

Scooter
Can any of you guys recommend a MC boot that performs well both on and off the bike (can be worn at work) without making you look like a pretentious "I ride a motorcycle!" tool? I've worn work boots since I began riding, but don't like the occasional hang-up twixt the heel and peg, and not digging the chances of a lace loop hanging up on shift/brake lever. I'm getting older. By degrees, perhaps, smarter.

It's not that I'm opposed to wearing good-looking/high quality gear, I'm just not into looking like I give it a lot of thought. Or spending $ unnecessarily.

I'm thinking mid-ankle. I'm thinking I don't want to spend $300. Saw a thread referencing leatherup.com as a good source for MC Boots, but their prices seem too low to be true.

Mahart

Two Stroke
I love my Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex. They are a sport touring boot. I don't think they are "toolish". They are comfortable walking around in all day. The waterproofing is still viable after 3.5yrs and 35k miles. Mine are sized a little smaller than my normal shoe; 10.5 A*s and 11-12 street shoe.

I hope this helps.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I strap my shoes on the back with a bungee net or throw them in my backpack when I ride to work. I've already got my Olympia riding pants pulled on over my jeans or whatever, and my helmet and gloves and riding jacket, so it's no big deal to just add the shoes. Besides, it feels good to take a little mini-break when you get to work and pull those riding boots off for a minute!

DandyDoug

750cc
I tried the only one pair of boots thing a couple of times, never worked out all that well for me at least.

Depending on the climate and temp's where you live the closest thing i could recommend would be a pair of Tactical boots like the LEO's wear ( not a true motorcycle boot ) but those folks live in them all day in all conditions.

I have a pair for summer use and they breathe pretty well.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Steel-Toe Justin Original 10" Pull-On Work Boots.... black, of course.

Maybe it's the redneck in me, but it's what I wear on the bike or off.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I'd rather wear a boot w/a heel on the bike, than wear MC boots all day at work. Regular boots (w/a heel) work just fine for me, thanks.

koifarm

Hooligan
boots with pronounced heels do not work well on a motorcycle
it's best to get a dedicated MC boot

True that....only tip over I had was from a heel catching on a pegs outer end, uphill stop at a T intersection.
Don't wear boots with heels on any more, changed pegs to eliminate bulge on the end.
Currently wearing Shift Boots, had em for four years, comfortable off and on the bike.

2010-Shift-Racing-Fuel-Street-Shoes.jpg

AceT100

Rocker
I've worn my Carolina's for almost 30 years...on & off the bike...weddings, work, shopping, vacation....in fact, its all I own...

carolina115.jpg

DIRK

750cc
almost anything is better than tennies. last time i got knocked over the doctor was very happy to say my 9 fractures now put together by 12 screws and 2 plates would have been worse with those on. ouch!