CNN/AP: Bin Laden Dead

casper

Two Stroke
Casper I have been to your pages before... awesome stuff.
The depression commentary is spot-on.

Thanks for linking them. :c

Homefront,

no problem man, I am glad you have found them useful.

We celebrate an evil man coming to justice; but of course we still think and pray for those left after 9/11. Let us work against evil and darkness wherever we find it.

Safe riding and enjoy your Triumph !

Casper :)

whyme

TT Racer
I'm eating my lunch looking out the window at ground zero. I'm thinking how nice it would be to see his body hanging from one of the cranes doing the rebuilding.

homefront

Scooter
I worked in NYC for 12 years. Many friends and relatives live in the area.

The absence of the Towers is a bleak reminder of what we're up against.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Hopefully we have well and truly learned.

May we never, ever forget....

whyme

TT Racer
I've been in the WTC/WFC area for 18 years now. I guess I'm kind of stuck here.

Kind of expecting something to happen to me either here or the train...there has to be some idiots around here ready to go. The longer we go without a attack the more I respect the FBI/law enforcement guys for what they are doing....and what we don't know what they are doing.

Did you notice where the info that got Bin Laden came from?? I little arm twisting in jail can go a long way.

drlapo

Hooligan
I realize they cannot identify the man who killed Bin Laden but it would be nice if $1,000,000 showed up in his checking account

Kframe

Street Tracker
I realize they cannot identify the man who killed Bin Laden but it would be nice if $1,000,000 showed up in his checking account

I bet he wouldn't want it. Most of those guys are so committed to their duty that they'd refuse the money and demand it be spent on the families of terror victims. :usa:

But yeah, maybe a few extra weeks of R&R at a 5 star would be warranted!
:boob::beer::C

koifarm

Hooligan
Seal B job

HEy Sweat..
Just to set the record straight, are you offering or suggesting?

:lick::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

:sidecar:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I think there are a lot of questions. But, having had a few days to think about it, for some reason it feels like we got back a little bit of "normal" around here. I can't quite explain it. But the whole thing, dramatic helicopter raid, brutal killing, pictures of the situation room, wreath laying, just feels like the right type of ending..... New York, and Washington, and by extension the whole country got back a little bit of something we lost on 9-11.

I grew up in sight of the Twin Towers, most people don't realize it but they were visible in many places for miles. They were like the mountains. Part of the landscape. You saw them every day. I had been in them many times. They stood for something, although we didn't really think about it. They just were. When the towers fell, and all those people died, to me ( and many other people) it felt like a family member murdered. Like normal life had ended.

I don't know what exactly this feels like now -normalcy maybe. Revenge. Closure. Justice. But it feels pretty good.

Last edited: