C'était un Rendezvous

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I don't like many films these days. Whenever I see a new film I just feel like I've seen it all before. I have discovered that I like "artsy-fartsy" films where nothing happens. As long as there is a beautiful French woman in there I am happy. This film looks like something I would like!

monty

Street Tracker
I'm sorry, but the girl, while beautiful, is Swedish.

She was a semifinallist in the Miss World pageant though?

Will that do?

It will do nicely.

Great thread. Great soundtrack.

Having ridden in Paris, I really enjoyed this film. French bikers, especially those into machinery such as ours, have a certain coolness and the whole scene is very interesting.

Thanks,

Monty

Hey LMT, I wasn't born when that movie came out (sorry) but I know it's written and directed by Claude Lelouch, the same guy responsible for Rendezvous.

Is it good? Should I watch it?

FYI guys- The people at Spirit Level Films have contacted me and are offering visitors to my site 30% off the price of any of their products when you use a coupon code.

This discount will go live in the next couple of days. So if you're interested in buying the DVD or Blu Ray of Rendezvous now would be the time to do so.

They also have a lot of other really excellent motorsport and other interest films, such as the Stallion and the Cobra, the story of Carroll Shelby and Enzo Ferrari's famous rivalry, and the classic LeMans.

I should say I get nothing for this. I'm just giving the people here a heads up because this site is my number one stop online and a lot of Spirit Level Films' products are relevant to our interests. Also, 30% is a pretty substantial discount!

I'll post the article link when I get it posted and the coupon code is active. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Trebo

Scooter
Wow. Incredibly Reckless. Incredibly Inconsiderate. Incredibly Selfish. Incredibly Lucky.

But I can't stop watching it. Incredibly Artistic as well. Thanks.

I think he may have watched the annoying video someone else posted with the bald blowhard retracing the route and talking too much.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Hey I never made a video when I did that! Did someone else copy me??

Sorry guys but I just think it was pretentious 70s macho crap. I like loud cars/bikes as much as the rest of you but if the guy making this didn't make sure the route was safe then he's a dick. What would you all be saying about this film if he had hit someone while filming it?