Blue headers - once and for all

KingBear

Hooligan
King Bear - FYI: http://info-pollution.com/ddtban.htm

That being said, be kind. Your calling people "fuck-wit" and "fuck you" has no place in this forum. If you can't be civil, then I hope people like you get banned from posting.
Yeah, it's pretty out of character for me to use that kind of verbiage, but since he called someone else's post "B.S." I kinda figured he was big enough to take it. I'm sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, but I've been a member of this forum since the day it started and I haven't been banned yet. Edited, locked down, called out... yes, but banned? No. Nevertheless, being the kind of guy I am I will edit myself.

And please save me your "FYI: whatever" garbage, I can trump your eco-imperialism all day long.

Last edited:
Nice looking bike and headers look great.

Is it necessary to remove AI to keep the blue away? Because of the environmental reasons I wouldn't want to remove the AI but if even the Raask will get blue with AI installed I need to consider it.

You can keep the AI installed if you wish. The headers will not discolor, one way or the other.

Travelingtenor, I see that you have installed the same HD mufflers as I have installed on my T100 ( 2010 MY). Did you have to modify the mufflers or did they just slip on the 2" Raask headers easily ?

I have the same mufflers but do like very much the combination/ looks with the Raasks

My mufflers are Norman Hyde Classic TOGAS. No problem fitting the Raask headers to the mufflers and no modifications were required.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Carlyfish Seems your the one thats always "squealing" on about some hawgswill somebody has written. I can think of at least twiced now.

Damn the EPA with their lean, burn a hole in your piston regulations.
Go complain to the chicoms about poisoning their half of the earth, that and $5 bucks will get ya a coffee at Starbucks.
One volcano blast puts out more pollutants than all of the engines ever created since time began do starting up at one time.
Stick that in your bong and burn on it for awhile

KingBear

Hooligan
See, that's the whole point. You want to save the planet, start with Nancy Pelosi's private jet and leave my 45mpg motorbike alone. You know how the Washington bureaucrats are always whining about saving the planet, but it might interest you to know that almost no parking garages in the DC metro area allow motorcycles. That's right, you can park a Suburban or a Town Car anywhere but you're not allowed to park a 100mpg Vespa in a garage because they are afraid you could evade that barricade and leave without paying. If they are really concerned about conserving fuel they should let them park for free anyway.

KingBear

Hooligan
I really need to polish the headers this season. I haven't cleaned them since I bought the bike and now I'm getting ready to put some second-hand TORs on anyway, so while I'm at it I should spruce up the pipes. I'm going to try one of those power detail sanders with some Blue Job in the hope that it will make the job go more quickly. Anyone tried it?
4198lPuPqXL._AA160_.jpg

blue-job.jpg

Last edited:

Pete R

Banned
Blue pipes are a sign of a strong engine that's been working hard. It's a badge of honour. Why would you want to get rid of it?

Give Omar's Rearsets a call. That is who I got my Raask headers from. They had them in stock and they were quick to ship them to me. Great folks to deal with.

Option #8. I actually love the blueing color. Those that hate probably dont ride either. When people ask me why I dont clean off the blue I just point them to my odometer.

I'm starting to get a complex about all you guys not liking blue. :)

I love the color blue and it would look nice on my blue bonnie. The problem was my headers turned blue, brown, and yellow. It sort of looked like I had driven through some crappy stuff on the road and my headers burned the crap into themselves. Call me weird I guess.