Buchanan Rims

Rookie dredging up the past. My 08 tyres say tubeless. There are tubes in them?
Yup. The opposite is also possible: my Legend TT ( spoked wheels) had a tube-type rear tire mounted. Not obtainable in Belgium ('cept at the stealers), so I had to install a tubeless wich didn't do any harm to the inner tube, I must say.

Thieu

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Yup." On tube type rims, use tube". Just noticed that on frt tyre this morning.

Are the excel rims lighter than stock? Unsprung weigh isn't that important to me, just curious.

Last edited:

mikenva

Rocker
Hey, my sheep are smarter than you think! Some are catching on to the "one mod a week" I got going on.

...and they hate the basket the first time around, what makes ya think they're gonna like it the second?

:)
get them to drink more wine easyer pickings then

schnabba

Two Stroke
nooo! the zombie thread back to life!

Nice looking though! Another thing on the wish list...

Last edited:
T

ttbonnie

they are beautiful! what is the weight savings, and do they come in black ??:eeek:

Hedge

American Infidel
Jesus thread is resurrected.

I want these. WANT!
Not after you find out that they align offset! Then if you really have to have something different than the stock spokes you will need to go the "Sweatmachine" route to do it the "Right" way! :)

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Here are the excel rims (polished) in 17 inch - 4.25 rear and 3.5 front, Buchanan HD SS spokes. Stock hub color - spokes are not polished. The rims will be so perfect from Buchanan that people will asked if they are chrome.

CIMG0905.jpg

CIMG0907.jpg
Boy are those pretty. Love your work.
Any pics with them mounted on the bike?...how wide and what size rubber on the rear?
Are Thruxton hubs the same diameter as bonnie hubs?...only diff is spoke length and rim diameter?