BA/Speed - Official Picture thread

Dave

Street Tracker
The green and cream is very classy, I like it. The white walls are a great touch!

Better late than never

IMG_0536.JPG

Should be changing very soon. Some changes already completed in this photo (blacked out forks and gators).

mrt202

Street Tracker
Which seat do you have, and what's the problem with it? I used to have a Corbin on mine, but ended up hating it. Way too hard and refused to conform to my bony butt. For me the stock solo seat is much more comfy...except for no backrest. The Speedy seat is even better. I can't feel the back of the seat pan like i do with the solo. I'm still waiting for a better touring seat to come along. The limited choices for seats for these things sucks!

That's the Corbin Solo with small backrest. When I bought it it was too hard. Ran it for a few thousand miles and it never broke in. But Corbin "adjusted" it for free (long after the warranty was up) and it's been great ever since. On the way back from Prescott last May I did 638 miles in one day, from Richfield, UT, to home. I've tried sheepskin and my old Airhawk cushion and neither of them improve upon the comfort appreciably.

The only other caveat is that I had the backrest recovered once already because after many years of dragging my leg over the top, it wore away the leather. But it's great. I couldn't leave town without my backrest.

Edit: I think the biggest problem with Corbin stuff is people don't order direct so they can tailor the seat for you. I think I bought mine through Ma's Cycle or something. Also, I ordered the solo without the backrest initially and the little flap that covers the backrest hole doesn't have a hole in it, so the flap gets in the way with the backrest in. Looks better when the backrest is out, though.

If you're serious about spending the bank, look at Russell Day long and Mustang Seats. They have backrests that fold forward to make mounting and dismounting your ride easier (plus a lot of people swear by those brands).

Last edited:
T

tattooedcouple

Thanks John...my brother has a Corbin on his thunderbird..it's suppose to be hard,after the miles is when it supports you best. the stock seat on mine is way too soft..no support..a joke for long rides. if i buy one it will be the Corbin

Mine is still stiff after tens of thousands of miles, but not rock hard.

Yes, they did the alterations for free. I only paid to ship it to them. They paid to ship it back.

I rode to Sturgis the first year I had my bike, 2002, and it was hell on the stock seat. I tried a gel pad over the top on the way down. It was awful. Bought my AirHawk cushion at Sturgis for the trip home and it was barely tolerable. My Corbin is the bees knees.