Age....give it up...If you wish to

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
I'm 24 - M - From livermore, CA. 45 miles south of SF.

I grew up KNOWING I wanted a Triumph... And I planned for it big time.

I got my Thruxton, BRAND NEW - for myself on my 23rd Birthday last year; and it's been fucking awesome.

No regrets. Side story: A friend from high school whom I've kept in contact with always wanted a Harley. And within a few months he will be buying his first bike. Except now - after seeing how the Triumph culture is VS. the Douche baggery that IS the Harley culture. (I know lots of individual awesome Harley Riders... but the GENERAL culture is BS.)

He will be buying his first bike in the form of a Bonneville or Thruxton.

Picture in NBR profile if you are interested.

Last edited:

northcountry

Two Stroke
68 here, started with a triumph cub about 1960, 03 bonne & husaberg now, and many in between. So much older then-younger than that now!?

Mofles

Scooter
21, riding since may of 08. Had a cager do a left hander which totaled the bonnie put me off bikes for 8 months.:eeek: Bought a Truxton Halloween day.

Live in Los Angeles:wave:

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Lets put it this way... I don't trust anybody who doesn't remember the day JFK was shot.

When I'm your age: Lets put it this way... I don't trust anybody who doesn't remember the day some sand people drove the airplanes into our freedom.

Turned 47 last month. Started riding at 17 and never found a reason to stop despite the accidents, dole queue, sprog, wife e.t.c.

Salt & pepper hair, a bit of a beer gut (working on that!) and the mentality of a 25 year old. Ride on!!! :kiss:

Cheers,

Pikey.

Just turned 40. Born December 25th 1969.

Been riding since I was 8. Started on a little 80cc Gemini riding it around my grandfathers farm up on Mount Rainier. First street bike was a Kawi EX500 at the age of 18. After I kissed the front corner panel of a Volvo and after a few months of rehabilitation, I inherited my fathers BSA A75 Rocket3 (which he purchased new in '72) after he passed away. Like a dumb ass, I sold it for pennies and bought an 89 Honda GB500 brand new. I'd give my left nut to get that BSA back. Kept the GB for about 15 years then sold it with 5000 miles on the clock and put the proceeds into the build of my 75 CB400F. after nearly a year of waiting on the build of the CB I had the CB for a total of 7 months and sold it to purchase my '08 T100.

drlapo

Hooligan
60: with 6 bikes, 1 truck, 1 car, 3 sons, 1 dog, 40 guns, no wife (of course)
first bike 57 Indian Hound's Arrow, last bike, so far, 06 Speed Triple

Motley

750cc
I'll be 49 this year, I feel like I'm 79 somedays and act like I'm 19 most days. I'm still rockin' the clipons on the Thruxton though.:headbang2:

Bonneville09er

Street Tracker
39 in a couple months, 3/10/71. Retired FDNY. Rode dirtbikes as a kid. Got my permit once about 15 years ago and did not stick with it. Have a big block chevelle i was racing. father had 11 bikes at one point. '77 jubilee, '79 triumph, '68 bsa but mostly harleys. '85 sportie stroked out and had don quixote painted on the tank. still have the tank. I will have to post pics one day. really nicely done bikes. he passed away almost two years now, at the time still have a '91 heritage softtail and a '95 dyna he bobbed and chopped quite nicely. so i had to get my license. but i didnt want to use his bikes and after one trip to the local harley dealer, looked at the nightster, went and found my black&white bonneville. and although i am influenced by my fathers style of bikes and skulls, my brother and i laugh at most of the harley types, as did my dad. boy did i ramble. but thanks guys for your help on this great site, and for a great memorial to a friend.

by the way, the heritage is for sale if anyone is interested.

T-boy

Rocker
59 years old...physically feel like 80, mentally about 5 or 6.

Just hope I make it to koi's age.

bkiser

Scooter
36, 2004 Bonneville Black is my first bike, purchased a couple of months back (though I rode a few others, mostly in college). It was my reward to myself for losing almost 50lbs last year. I love it!

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Born in 1947, which makes me an early "baby boomer." Started riding in my mid-20s on a Bultaco.

Attachments

• Bultaco Matador SD.jpg
    Bultaco Matador SD.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Bultaco Matador Six Days.jpg
    Bultaco Matador Six Days.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
29 now, will be the big three-ohh on Valentine's day.

I got started on a Honda Z50 when I was about 8-10 years old and have moved on from there.