988 stroker motor dyno run.

mikenva

Rocker
I dont care what anyone says you need the pumps .but they got to be just right.try a #50 nozzle I have mine working from 1/4 throttle to 3/4 seams to be right for my bike no bog at any throttle.I had the big nozzles in it foe awhile it ran fine but got some black smoke now and then.

agro

Scooter
We made 6 RWHP taking the K&N's off Scott's bike.
Hi John, do you have a before and after figure of the K&N's with side covers on and sidecovers off.

Others have stated on the forums that the sidecovers restrict the K&N's, and need to jet up when the sidecovers are removed.

Therefore is the six rwhp increase over k&n's, measured with the k&n's with sidecovers on or k&n's with sidecovers off?

Last edited:

mikenva

Rocker
The side covers hurt you big time to.Even with the small k&n cone filters i had on my bike(that wont flow enough air to keep up with the 42mm carbs side covers cost 2 hp,I havent check it with good filters but i would think covers would even hurt you more.I am running with out covers now but plan to cut covers around filters later.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
We made 6 RWHP taking the K&N's off Scott's bike.
Hi John, do you have a before and after figure of the K&N's with side covers on and sidecovers off.

Others have stated on the forums that the sidecovers restrict the K&N's, and need to jet up when the sidecovers are removed.

Therefore is the six rwhp increase over k&n's, measured with the k&n's with sidecovers on or k&n's with sidecovers off?

Agro - I doubt the K&N difference is nearly dramatic on a bike with say just pipes and air box elimination. On a very high velocity motor such as this one reving to 9000 rpm and with a much more radical cam, the difference is big. I don't have the sheets - they are all in the dyno computer. It was measured with side covers off and the little velocity stacks the FCR's come with. This was when we first dynoed the rebuild - we started out at 68 RWHP - elimination of the BUB system was our biggest gain, adding the D&D systems - even more - jetting and K&N filter elimination netted us 103 RWHP. Now we are running with the UNI - put em on or take em off - no noticable difference on the dyno. I have heard the side cover issue myself - but we have not actually tested it, we will though when we get on the dyno again, only with the uni's.