988 stroker motor dyno run.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Hi John,

How are things going...?

Waiting on 9.48 mm shims for the shim under bucket set-up. They shipped today so should be here by Friday. Last thing I'm waiting on to get her running again. I was able to juggle shims around when I put the new cams in and got 6 outta 8 adjusted correct. This cam runs Much tighter clearance than stock, 8 thou on intakes and 10 on exhaust. Unable to find shims local so I just ordered a whole kit from hot cams. Corbin seat and hyde fork brace showed up this week. Custom throttle cables on order for the PSI billet carbs, so the FCR's are in place for now - fast freddy wants to see how much power his cams add anyway, so we need to run the motor as it was, other than the new cams.
Fast Freddy leaves for the Bonneville Salt Flats Sunday to see if all his work (and South Bay Triumphs) pays off with some new records set by Bonneville motorcycles.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Shims came today, so I'll button up the head with the new cams tonight or tomorrow. May have to wait a week for the dyno though as fast freddy is headed for the salt flats Sunday. Freakin lucky devil.

CIMG1860.jpg

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
John, She's beautiful beyond words.. It's impossible to find the words to say how proud Scott would be of you to have finished the "Big Block Chevy" bike.

Kudos for a job well done.

See ya soon,
Chris

SLEDHEAD

Two Stroke
Waiting on 9.48 mm shims for the shim under bucket set-up. They shipped today so should be here by Friday. Last thing I'm waiting on to get her running again. I was able to juggle shims around when I put the new cams in and got 6 outta 8 adjusted correct. This cam runs Much tighter clearance than stock, 8 thou on intakes and 10 on exhaust. Unable to find shims local so I just ordered a whole kit from hot cams. Corbin seat and hyde fork brace showed up this week. Custom throttle cables on order for the PSI billet carbs, so the FCR's are in place for now - fast freddy wants to see how much power his cams add anyway, so we need to run the motor as it was, other than the new cams.
Fast Freddy leaves for the Bonneville Salt Flats Sunday to see if all his work (and South Bay Triumphs) pays off with some new records set by Bonneville motorcycles.

PSI.....as in Bruce Kahlhammer ?????

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
John, She's beautiful beyond words.. It's impossible to find the words to say how proud Scott would be of you to have finished the "Big Block Chevy" bike.

Kudos for a job well done.

See ya soon,
Chris

Thanks Chris - wait till you ride her, whooo hooo the power is unbelievable. Freddy's work :worthy::headbang2:

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
The bike looks awesome. Only one question though. Does the sun ever NOT shine at your house?

Steve - you will note the wet pavement - that is from a break in the rain showers in which we got over 6 inches of rain this past weekend from that tropical storm that blew up outta FL. But yea I do like to keep it sunny:wave:.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
more pics!

It's still not ready for prime time yet ( my 500ml jar of wenol's polish hasn't arrived yet!), but getting close. I did get the new cams in and shimmed up to 8 and 10 thousands, which is pretty tight. Also reinstalled the cam back-lash gears and springs, what a huge difference, the valve train went from clackity clunkity to smooth as silk. Fast Freddys cam seems to be hitting objectives, less valve noise due to slower ramp speed (done to make it more a streetable with the higher lift - it's getting close to the edge of the buckets), the idle is very lopey (which we were both looking for), hard to tell on HP because my short little put around the hood was my 1st ride and it's so freakin loud with out the street mufflers, well lets just say I want to stay on a somewhat friendly basis with the neighbors. The dyno will tell this weekend.

Have to redo my pingel as the set-up from them leaked, so it's plan B,( if I had a plan B I'd be ok). (I'm pretty sure I can make Bonafide's freshly painted Benji tank/seat set-up fit on with only minor hack saw work to the mounting points.) Did some odds n ends - speedo cable, fabricated a kick stand stop, got the kickstand springs re-installed (hardest part of the project so far - they were a bitch for some reason). The cam has been through it's 15 minute 2000 + RPM break-in. Got the brakes bleed out and pumped up - another pain in the ass job. It's very close now.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Some shots as she sits this morning with the back up tank off my 1st custom Thrux build.

CIMG1868.jpg

A tail light is my project this week, maybe some turn signals, maybe not.
CIMG1869.jpg

CIMG1872.jpg